Hey Steph (Pssst....!!!)

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Louise, Aug 6, 2007.

1. Louise

Louise Proud mum to baby Nick

It was you who built a wardrobe on your lonesome, after your mate broke your first one to bits wasn't it? lol (I cant find the thread)
    Anyway, what I wanted to know is, are they hard to put up? I have got mine coming tomorrow and I certainly dont have the foggiest clue how to put one together.
    Its got 4 drawers and is a double; my old man (meaning my dad), well, I know for a fact that he wont have a clue what he's doing, so looks as though Im going to have to try and fix it up myself.
    Knowing my luck I will put the door on the wrong way or something, or end up having back to front drawers (anything is possible with me).
    If I happen to fix it together wrong, it's not going to the skip is it? because I cant afford to folk out another £100....

[​IMG]
    Does that look easy to fit together?

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    For some reason, it looks totally naff in that photo. My bloody decore in my room better do it some justice. It's got a weird "second hand" look about it, eeew! I can assure you, it's brand new though! Not like you give a crap, but I wanted to add that to my statement. x

2. Wobbles

Wobbles WoBbLeWoBbLe
    Administrator

How much was that Louise & where from?

Wardrobes to put up on yoru own isn't really best btw lol! YOur bloke not help? Male friends?

3. ablaze

ablaze lucky mum of one of each!

dont put up a 3 door wardrobe with drawers on ur own wen preg!!!! they are very heavy!!! an u need sum1 to help lift it(is built flat on ground) 3 door wardrobes are a bugger to align the doors too lol!!seriously tho hun, dont diy!

4. Louise

Twas £145 from argos. I have a sneaky feeling that it wont fit in my bedroom, ooops- probably should have taken some measurements first, now that I have a cozy double bed,, eeeeeeeeee! All excited.
    Anyway, I doubt i'll be able to put the knob on the drawers, let alone put the whole thing together. :dohh:Im a bit thick like that ya see.

5. Arcanegirl

Arcanegirl Bazinga!!

Ahh dont say that, i got a 3 door coming next week im gonna hve to build up :wacko:

6. Steph

Steph Well-Known Member

Piece of caaaaaaaaake....

nah, i wouldnt advise it on your own...im hardcore and was in a rage....

get someone in to do it or get your oh to help....especially when preg....on a few occasions i was standing on the back of our couch perched like a bird

7. Louise

Steph, would u like to come round and fit it up for me? It arrived this morning, and OMG I simply havent got a clue. Instructions are there to help you, but instead it confused me more. It doesnt matter what angle I hold them at, they make absolutely no sense, I may aswel look at it upside down because regardless, it's all jargon to me.
    It says things like 'drill hole 15cm on the right..................." 'use drill to.............' 'drill a hole through.......'....
    I mean CMON, since when did you need to drill your own holes? lol.
    Forget it- I'll ask babies dad to do it; I dont trust anyone else with my wardrobe at the moment. Dont want to do a 'you' ;) and have my precious cupboards land in the skip lol.
    Bless ya. Ere, have u spoken to her since?

8. Steph

Steph Well-Known Member

It's not doing a "me"...it's doing a "samantha"....

yeah i spoke to her....shes insisting on helping me buy another one and build it....thing is iwant her to help pay but not build since i can obviously do that bitmyself....

how you getting on Louise....i'll come help forsure....im great at it!