• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

HGC levels after miscarriage

Laura27

Reaction score
Hi all - I miscarried at 8+2 4 weeks ago and was told by my doctors to take a test after 3 weeks to make sure it was complete. I put the test off until yesterday as I didnt want to risk seeing 2 pink lines if the HGC levels were still high enough to be picked up.....but i've done the test and a strong line appeared immediately.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar this long after a miscarriage?

:cry:

wow that seems an awfully long time for HCG to still be showing.... Could it be possible that your pregnant again??? x

I bled for just under 2 weeks and didn't DTD with OH until 2 weeks ago and we're using contraception (decided to go back to WTT until we have moved house) so i think it's really unlikely. I've looked it up on the internet and some people have said they were getting positives for up to 2 months afterwards...but I thought that would be really unlikely as levels drop so quickly after the miscarriage??

Hi

I m/c 2 weeks ago and am still going for blood tests to monitor hcg levels as they are not dropping very quickly. I went yesterday and they were 50 which would still show on a hpt. I think it's horrible of them to tell you to 2"just take a test". I think these things can take a while to get back to normal. I've gotta go again in a week.

xx

I had a D&C two weeks ago, and had strong lines today when I tested. I had a partial molar though, so I guess I should expect this. I'm going back for blood work on Monday to test HCG levels :(

i got a bfn exactly a week after i had a mmc i was tole by the doctor if it was postive to ring the ward as i could have some retained products.

have you spoke to your doctor maybe give them a quick ring to see what they say x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"