hhmmm very strange!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by ashmj92, Jan 31, 2011.

1. ashmj92

ashmj92 Well-Known Member

So my baby shower is sunday the 13th of feb.
    me and MIL havent really had the best of history, as she told me in the earlier months to get an abortion. I honestly dont really like her but I am giving a new chance for the baby. Met her once, thanksgiving. VERY awkward. I decided to invite her to the shower ( wouldnt it be wrong if i didnt? as it is her GRANDCHILD???) she comes up with an excuse not to go. Also stating "it would be weird to go seeing as how shes only met me once.)
    :shrug::shrug:

am i wrong for being offended? I didnt even want her at the shower! LOL

anyways ultra sound thurs to check on everything since im measuring oretty behind! wish me luck :)

2. EricaH

EricaH Well-Known Member

That sounds strange to me. Fob left me at 4 months, I had maybe met his mother twice prior but sheet did become a big support system for me.she's had me for dinner, brought me Brownies, I can call her anytime and just complain. She'll also be at the baby shower & even offered to buy the crib! I lucked out it terms of my daughters grandmother. When fob starts visitations he will watch lo at her house until I'm comfortable enough with him taking her home.

I would personally confront her and ask if she's planning on being a part of your lo's life. Things will most likely change once baba is here though!

3. Sophist

Sophist Well-Known Member

It sounds like its probably awkward for both of you. Maybe just reply sorry she can't make it and that you thought she might like to be invited, but no worries and go on and have your shower with the people who really care about you.

4. MissRoxie

MissRoxie Well-Known Member

You were doing the right thing in inviting her in the first place, you've done your part & its down to her now. Since you didn't want her there I think you should just let it go that shes not coming and as PP said concentrate on the people who are going and who you did want there to begin with. Once baby is born then it'll be her loss if she chooses not to bother with LO, LO will still have other family to love her.

5. ashmj92

ashmj92 Well-Known Member

this is all very true! yeah ill definitely reply saying sorry she couldnt make iit & tht i thought she wouldve liked to be invited. its just all a little weird to me haha I only met her once also & after hwat shes said to me i STILL invite her to the shower lol. atleast i can say I tried! :)