Hi All! Anyone use donated embies?

hellodarling

Reaction score
Biologically, I'm doneski. LH and FSH are both over 28, I had two follies at my scan six months ago and one follie a week ago on day 2. Doc says my uterus is good to go for another 10 years or so. It kind of takes the pressure off of conception at this point. I'm 38.

RE emphasizes that the only hope at this point is egg donation, but honestly, it's so expensive and on a social worker budget = nope. I'm looking at donated embies. Possibly following through in a year or so.

I'm just looking for personal stories about donated embies, the process, emotional toll, successes or failed attempts, etc.

thank you so much in advance!!!

Also following, mostly because if we are successful in October, we would probably consider donating the rest of our embryos.

Hi hellodarling,

Where are you in the world? Egg donation is not so expensive if you are willing to travel.

I used donor eggs in Greece but no experience of donor embryos. It took me a while to get my head around doing this but it was my only chance of carrying and delivering a baby. Once I made that choice it was the best thing I done. The process was really easy compare to using OE as you only have to prepare your body for transfer. The emotional side of it is hard especially if it doesn't work first time, it really is a battle in itself but you have find your own way of coping with it. Mine was successful on our 3rd transfer but I was extremely unlucky with our first that resulted in a double ectopic.

Unfortunately there is not a large following of donors on this site, although all the ladies on the 'Inconceivable and beyond' thread are donor users with one lady who is now pregnant with twins from donor embryos, it might be worth taking a read. Otherwise there is a large following on Fertility Friends that might be helpful.

3chords, best of luck with your transfer. You will be doing a wonderful thing if you were able to donate your embryos. If we do not use our frozen ones I will be doing exactly that.

Sweet! Thank you so much! the cost of donor embies with transfer is around 5K, compared to an egg donor + transfer, that seemed like a screaming deal. Again, there's that concern that multiple tries are necessary... eeeeeeek. I think it's all an emotional road. It's hard to think that a child would come from two people who may not be similar to me in personality, genetics, etc...but at the same time, environment plays a huge roll too. It's a lot to think about, no matter which way you go.

Also following, mostly because if we are successful in October, we would probably consider donating the rest of our embryos.

I love this. I wish you all the best <3.
I think that if I were able to harvest eggs and had good quality, I would absolutely donate.
I hope everything works out for you :)

Sweet! Thank you so much! the cost of donor embies with transfer is around 5K, compared to an egg donor + transfer, that seemed like a screaming deal. Again, there's that concern that multiple tries are necessary... eeeeeeek. I think it's all an emotional road. It's hard to think that a child would come from two people who may not be similar to me in personality, genetics, etc...but at the same time, environment plays a huge roll too. It's a lot to think about, no matter which way you go.

You are right the environment does play a bit part in it. Also have a read up on epigenetics it is very interesting.

We paid 5500 euros for our donor egg cycle over in Greece. 5k for the double donor sounds reasonable.

If there are no other issues apart from your eggs then you stand a very good chance of a donor being successful, I was very unlucky, but I hope multiple cycles is not a route you have to take.

You are right the environment does play a bit part in it. Also have a read up on epigenetics it is very interesting.

We paid 5500 euros for our donor egg cycle over in Greece. 5k for the double donor sounds reasonable.

If there are no other issues apart from your eggs then you stand a very good chance of a donor being successful, I was very unlucky, but I hope multiple cycles is not a route you have to take.

RE told me "the uterus does what we tell it to do" I don't really know how much of that I believe, but eventually, it might be worth a shot. I'd rather do it and know than not try and regret it.

All my best to you mama! <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"