Hi all new confused new person!

Puddle

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm need some information that is in english and that i can understand!?
My partner had a vasectomy some 8 years ago after having two kids with his ex wife. When we first met this didn't raise its head as a problem as having children was the last thing on my mind (or that's what i thought!)

I now desperately what to try for our own and he's coming round to the idea, but where ever i look to find information on a reversal its just so complicated.
There never seems to be any information that just helps you and breaks everything down! Even when it comes to the cost of it.

Is it worth talking to our doctor? even though we would have to get it done private? any help would be great.

Thanks in advance xx

Hi Puddle! :hi:
It can't hurt to talk to your Dr. just so you can get an idea of the cost/success of it. Hope everything works out!

Hi, im also from West Yorkshire!
when I met my partner he also had the snip while with his ex wife after having their children. When we got together we discussed having children (I dont have any) and he was happy to have the reversal which he had a year ago. He discussed it with his doctor and we booked him in at a private hospital not far from where we live.
How well the operation goes all depends on how the op was done in the first place, and even if the reversal goes well, it doesnt mean you will still get pregnant.
After TTC for a year with no joy, we went back to the doctors. He had a sperm count done and it came back with only 7% healthy sperm. We were both deverstated as there is only a slim chance of me falling pregnant without any help. The doctor suggested we think about ICSI which we are now looking into. In the mean time, my partner has done another sperm count which we get the results back tomorrow but they are likely to be the same but they have to double check. I have to have some tests too to make sure im ok before we move onto the next step.
My advice would be to speak to your doctor about the reversal first and go from there. It seems like ages ago when we decided to have children and its not been an easy journey, and we have a long way to go yet!! So get things moving now and get the ball rolling. How does your partner feel about having a reversal?
If you have any questions or you just need to talk, message me and I will be happy to help!

Hi!
My husband is having his vasectomy reversed next month. We've had our appt with the consultant to talk about risks, changes of it working etc. We had the reversal after I had 2 terrible pregnancies now we want another (prob because we've forgotten the trauma of pregnancy!! My uterus is the wrong shape).
Anyway, you need to get a Dr that does them all the time we've chosen a Dr that only does this, the time between op + reversal affects the chance of success. My hubbies is within 5 years so there's a 94% of him making sperm.
The Dr will examine your hubby and feel the scarring, you need to make sure you have a Dr that uses micro procedure because it significantly increases the chance of success. We didn't bother with our GP (they're crap but if your's are good might be worth a visit). I looked online and found a local guy and made an appt. It cost £170 for the consultation and £2,700 for the op.
Obe-I'm so sorry about your hubby's sperm results, am I right in thinking sometimes it can sometimes take over a year for sperm to come through? Is there any hope of it improving?
Good luck to you both
I'm 37 + hubby 32 but hopefully it will happen
Here's hoping we all get :bfp:one way or another
xxxxxxxxx

Hi girls,
Well the sperm does start to come through straight away but it can take time to get back to normal. There is also a chance the sperm has to fight anibodies after the reversal which can make them sluggish which makes it harder to get pregnant.
My partners sperm count has stayed the same, the good sperm is quite slow although its not impossible to fall pregnant, it will make it harder. We are just glad it worked and at least there is some good sperm coming through. He has just had another sperm count done and it hasnt changed.
I hope I havnt scared you, and everyone is different. You hear of couples having children after the reversal all the time, so it does happen!
Im 27 and hes 34 so im hoping our age will help, its just so frustrating!
Sukisam - let me know how the op goes, fingers crossed! Just stay positive!

Obe
I'll keep everything crossed for us all (not my legs that might make the old baby making a bit tricky!!)
Will keep you posted how I get on, hopefully we'll be in the pregnancy announcements in the next year
:hug:
xxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"