Hi All - Newbie in the house :)

Jill72

Reaction score
Hi

I am Jill - 39 (just - birthday on the 18th Jan). For so many reasons I find myself on my own and no baby due to career , crap husband ( got rid of)and insecure about re-committing to any one.

I have decided to go it alone and am going to use un-official sperm donation to make my dream come true. I am planning to start the process in a few months time - mainly because I need to save a bit more money. I came off the pill in September and am a bit worried as my cycles seem to be 22 / 23 days which according to what I have been reading could be a problem???? Just ordered the CBFM fro Amazon so I can start tracking everything. I did get pregnant when I was 30 but due to the abusive relationship I was in I had a termination (which I now deeply regret - I was in a bad place then) so I know I can get pregnant but now I am worried about the age thing......... ooo it feels good to get all this off my chest - being feeling very isolated recently.

Hi Jill and welcome!

You've come to the right place, hun! Everyone is friendly and there's a wealth of information, experience and support for you to draw on!

I love my cbfm, and i got mine at ebay too! :p

Maybe if you're worried you could ask your GP to do a day 21 test on you? It tests the progesterone levels to se if you're ovulating properly. It just an idea and very simple to do, just a bloodtests.

Anywhoo..all the best and may your stay here be a brief one :dust:

Omi xxx

Welcome to BNB hun!!!!

Certainly sounds like you've had to make some tough decisions to get where you are. I really commend you on that!!! It just proves your strength and determination ;)

Wanted to wish you all the best and hopefully a short journey to motherhood!!!

hi Jill!
I had a crap ex husband too...got rid and now with a lovely fella tho i too had decided that if i got to 36 and was not in a relationship i was going it alone... just me and a test tube donor!! i admire your bravery!! you go girl !!

I'm 9 months ttc now with my beloved... very hard going on me...he still reckons it'll happen in its own good time...i'm flat out of patience tho!!

We've been to FS, he's getting a semen analysis next week, all my bloods are grand, i'm defo ovulating, and i'm for HSG after i get my AF due this Sat. CD 12 today and BFN so i reckon i'm out. Doc says if ok HSG, we can go for IUI and i'm all for that cos its proactive. Expensive at about €1000 a pop but better than ivf €4000.
So this was my last month au naturelle...very disappointed and i know not out til af arrives but i know my body at this stage after symptom spotting every TWW for 9 months now :growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:
ahh well ...life's a bitch but happily i divorced him!!

welcome and wishing u loads of luck :flower:

welcome Jill. I never had a crap husband, never really felt happy enough with any of the previous appliacants to take that step, let alone have children with them. I met my current man 7 years ago and we started TTCing 2.5 years ago when he was 24 (prior to that I thought I'd be ruining his life for my satisifaction of having a baby, just the way I felt) Anyway we started not trying, not preventing in July 08 (I was 38) and had a missed miscarriage in Nov 09. We started trying again using CBFM in April 10 and we're on cycle 10 now but AF due any time now. We are currently going through tests to check everything is ok. I had 21 day bloods last week and OH is doing sperm analysis on Thurs then I need to go back for day 3 bloods and hycosy to check tubes and ovaries.

Good luck. I admire you for knowing what you want and going for it. x

Thank you for all your kinds words! I feel both apprehensive and determined about everything. Got my CBFM yesterday and I am due my AF tomorrow or day after so I am keen to start monitoring things!!!!!

Welcome Jill and good on you for going for this on your own! Similarly to some of the others I'd got to the point of considering this too but then aged 37 met my current partner. I'm nearly 39 too and have been TTC for 14 months now - but I know lots of women in my personal life who have got pregnant within about 6-8 months of trying that are a similar age. Good luck to you x

Baby dust to everyone!! :dust:

This board is great for calming fears about age. The success stories are really inspiring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->