Hi Everyone! A little Help...

Ash2287

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I'm new to this website and these message boards and was just looking for any advice/tips/encouragement about trying to conceive baby #1. I know most of the lingo by now, but I'm still new to this whole experience. My husband and I are still in the early stages of trying, but I tend to get discouraged when it doesn't happen (just like any normal human being.):cry:

My husband and I have only been trying for a few months, so I know it's WAY too early to be worried that anything is wrong. Were both young, I'm 26 and my husband is 27 almost 28. So I know it will happen when it's meant to. My question is what has worked for all of you when ttc your first child? Is BDing every other day the best? every day? Also, around the time of ovulation, what worked best for all of you to get pregnant? I'm starting to think that me and the hubby are missing our window of opportunity, or that I'm still not back to normal after going off the pill. (Went off the pill on July 1st of this year.) Also, did you lay down after sex, or did you do anything in particular after the deed to seal the deal? I always lay still with my feet up for at least 30 mins.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me!
:winkwink:

When ttc my first we dtd every other day all month long! I didn't really know about ovulation then just figured if we do it every other day we can't miss it. However now thoughts are (if sperm count is fine) to do it every day during your fertile time xx I hope this helps lots of love, luck and baby dust for you :flower: xxxxxx

I agree with pp. I dtd for about 6 days before o day with all 3 of my previous pregnancies. As long as his little guys are ok I don't see a reason to not go at it every day :) GL :dust:

Thank you both! Yeah, we've tried it where we did it every other day for the entire month, but no luck yet. DH's sperm count seems to be normal, so this cycle, Im hoping to dtd every day around my ovulation window!! (Like a 5 day span). Im hoping its just the fact that my body still isnt back to normal after the pill...

Ash

Hey sweetie I highly recommend reading Taking Charge of Your Fertility. Great book and it will make you confident you are doing everything each month to maximize your chances. We tried a few years unsuccessfully until I figured out not only were we missing the window but my luteal phase (the days after OV but before AF) was too short to sustain a pregnancy.

I would at a minimum start charting your bbt (basal body temperatures) and using opk's (ovulation predictor strips) to make sure you are hitting your window each month. Also checking you cm each month is a great compliment to opks and bbt's. Very inexpensive and effective. Wondfo opks are 50 for $20 on Amazon and Fertility Friend has a free membership you can use to track your temps just buy a bbt thermometer.

There are a bunch of supplements, sperm friendly lubricants, and diet changes a lot a gals swear by (including myself) but start with square one and see where it leads you. You both are young and they say it should take about a year if you time each month well. If longer both of you can go get checked out to make sure nothing else is going on. We've been trying for years and just got pregnant with (hopefully sticky) number one. :thumbup:

Congrats to you!! Thanks for your help and suggestions. This last cycle, we tried using the First Response OPKs. When I first started testing, there was only one line, then around day 12 or 13 I had two noticeable lines, but the second line was never darker than the control line. So, I'm not 100 % sure I ovulated this time around. I read on other sites that there were women who never got a darker test line, and they still got prego... It's hard for me to tell if I O'd, since I was on the pill for 6 years, I can't really remember what my body felt like during ovulation (of course I wasn't paying any attention to it back then! ugh!) I haven't tried charting my temps yet, but I may try that this cycle! I hope its just taking my body a while to get back to normal after the stupid BC pill! We will see!! Thanks again all!

I started this thread on Thursday when I got what I thought was my period on CD 27. It seemed like a normal flow the first day and I was pretty crampy with bright red blood. Later that day, I looked on my pad (I hadn't changed it for a little while) and I noticed my blood had turned a very dark brown. It was such a change that it made me do a double take.
Then on Friday, I noticed my flow was considerably lighter, and my second day is usually extremely heavy. By the time I got home from work, it was so light and when I wiped it was a pinkish brown color and it had what seemed like tiny chunks of blood in it (not clots) like pieces of a scab or something. I even showed DH and he said it looked brownish to him. A little later that night I had a few drops of red blood and then it was just pinky when I would wipe. Then all day Saturday it was barely there, with a little pinkish brown discharge when I went to the bathroom. Last night before bed, I had virtually nothing when I wiped at all. My period usually lasts about 5-7 days since coming off the pill, and this was barely 3. Also, my boobs are aching from time to time, and my hips hurt too. These symptoms usually go away once I get my period. I took a test this morning and got a BFN!!! So confused!!! My period has never acted this way on or off the pill. Is it my reg period acting strange or is it implantation bleeding? Thank you so much for your help!!

Also, I have an overactive bladder condition and pee A LOT. I waited 5 hours to pee before taking the test this am. I stopped drinking around 9 hrs before I tested. Is it possible my pee was too diluted for a positive result?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->