Hi everyone, im new! Twins? PLEASE LOOK AT SCAN AND HELP!?!

MissRose

Reaction score
Hi everybody, i am new to this site, am loving readign all the threads!

Anyway, im 21 and me and partner Daniel have conceived our first baby/s after TTC since Oct 2010, we had a MC in Nov 2010 and have now finally had our positive 10th May 2011!!!! I had a scan done last week as i had a little bleeding, which turned out to be breakthrough bleeding.

The ultrasound tech was arrogant as hell and asked if our baby was planned, which it was! I could tell she thought because of our ages we had had an "accident" She then said "silence while im doing the scan please" said "there is a heartbeat" printed off the scans, and left the room.................. I am obviously making a complaint about her behaviour! When i got the scan photo home, a few people have said "Oh it look's like 2 sac's..." The tech didn't confirm this as she never said anything, not even how far gone i am but have calculated 6weeks+5 in the photo.

Ive attatched the photo and any help would be greatly appreciated!!
252584_1833916285887_1179815017_31680103_322286_n.jpg

it does kinda look like two to me but i have only ever seen one scan of twins and it was further along so don't quote me on nothin :hugs:

Sorry u had such a crap experience at ur first scan, def make a complaint as that's awful treatment! I can't really make out the scan tbh, hopefully someone who's had or is expecting twins would b able to help :)

Hi I'm attaching a copy of my scan from 6w 4days & 8w 3d so you can see how mine looked, they are non-identical so could be different! Hope it helps!

2011 twins etc 001.jpg

2011 twins etc 009.jpg

Thankyou Cuffy :) I think i may only be having one as the sacs on mine are very small compared to yours xx

Ah your welcome hun could be a later bloomer but hope your next scan is a much more pleasant experience!!

heres my scan, it was 7 weeks though. you can clearly see two babies.

athough mine are non-identical and identical twins would look quite different.

Attachments

• IMAG0329.jpg
    IMAG0329.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 28
Hey! Congrats on your pregnancy and i'm so sorry the scan was not a great experience. I hope your next one is much better. I was going to say I have no idea about what a twin scan would look like but having seen the other twin scans it looks like your are having a singleton! Good luck. X

Looking at your scan its very hard to tell. I see what people mean but until you see a baby it may not be anything or a it of a cyst, or where there is a little scar if it implanted and then moved a bit (like happened to mine - which is why I had bleeding!)

i would say it is because you can see the outline of the uterus around both circles.. its just she didnt zoom in enough to see the big circles like everyone elses ultrasounds.. i hope it is for you.. whens your next scan to confirm?.. you could always go to the hospital with "cramping and spotting" and they may do one to make sure for you.. do you have ay other ultrasound pics either?

cant believe how rude they tech was! Definitly complain, i get it all the time as im 19. Im not sure about the scan sorry as looking at it on my phone. But congratulations xx

They can be unpleasant can't they..and it's such a downer, to them it may just be another quick scan in a long day, but to the women and her partner it's much awaited! luckily I had a nice lady today, though she put me back from 8+3 to 7+5 damnit that's an EXTRA week of sickness! I think prob she just was pressing harder with one end of the probe and so you can see another little 'opening'..or, actually I could see the sac on mine and that almost looked like another little thing...could be that..?

They can be unpleasant can't they..and it's such a downer, to them it may just be another quick scan in a long day, but to the women and her partner it's much awaited! luckily I had a nice lady today, though she put me back from 8+3 to 7+5 damnit that's an EXTRA week of sickness! I think prob she just was pressing harder with one end of the probe and so you can see another little 'opening'..or, actually I could see the sac on mine and that almost looked like another little thing...could be that..?

i did think it could be one sac but where she was pushing hard it looked like two also!

My next scan is 28th June, i CANNOT wait! Gonna be a new year baby hehe, i am so so so so excited!!!!!

Thankyou all for all your help, your all wonderful :) xxx

cant believe how rude they tech was! Definitly complain, i get it all the time as im 19. Im not sure about the scan sorry as looking at it on my phone. But congratulations xx

I think regardless of age, a womans purpose is to have babys, this is why we are here! To reproduce and keep the human race going! It doesnt matter of your age, when your periods start, your body is ready, and nature is telling you your duty! Allthough i do know some ladys cant have babys, im not saying they don't have a purpose, ofcourse they have a purpose, they can still be mummy's xxxxx

Maybe you can show your scan to your mw and ask her what she thinks ?

What a rude lady!! Can definitely see 2 but still pretty small, could have just been a bad angle or something. Xx

Hmm not sure to be honest. What a bad attitude your sonographer had! I can't believe she didn't even tell you your due date :wacko: Congrats on your pregnancy :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->