~ Hi I am new & TTC as of from today ~

EternalRose

Reaction score
Hi there everyone,

Well I have been lurking on this site for ages now, I am 22 (23 next month) and live in London. I am absolutely chuffed to bits today as my fiance has finally agreed to try for a baby. We are probably really mad, as we are not rich, we dont own our house and he will be going to university september. He will be a a mature student (35) but he is at a stage where he wants to just get his head down and study. I am very lucky because he is such an intelligent man and I cant think of anyone better to be the father of our child. We have been together nearly two years and we decided that we are at a cross roads in our relationship, as by the time he has finished university Ill be going to medical school and if he waits for me he will be waiting for eternity. So, we are going to go for it and we hope to make it work for us.

We are probably going to get married September where he will be taking me to Las Vegas for a "little white chapel " wedding, where it will be nice and cheap , we hoped that even if we are not the richest parents in the world at least we will be married parents..

Now for the biology bit,

Well yesterday my 3 year implanon ran out and I had it removed, talk about good timing and I smiled sweetly at the nurse as she talked to me about contraception options and the pill, when I had no intention of taking anything of the sort. The :witch: has arrived today as well, so looking forward to having lots of unprotected sex, something I havent done in about 4 years lol.

Lets hope I can have a :bfp: soon, im wishing with all my heart. Looking forward to meeting new friends too, sending everyone TTC tonight, hugs and kisses

EternalRose x

Welcome to BnB Eternal Rose :hi:

Hope your stay in TTC is short & sweet!

:dust: to you

Dee
xxxx

Welcome EternalRose, i am also new here.
Lets hope our stay is short and sweet
xo

Oooh nearly 3 years! But its only recently that Ive discovered that I actually knew so little about it. You know at school you were told if you have sex you would get pregnant......lies!! Well unless you are the type of person who will end up on Jeremy Kyle as they seem to fall pregnant by looking at a man!

Ive been checking my cervical mucus (never thought that it could be so interesting) lol, started using ovulation predictors 2 cycles ago which are quite helpful & this cycle Ive started using pre-seed its a lubricant that mimics fertile cervical mucus. Fingers crossed that this will work :happydance:!

Im sure in time you will get used to people posting about about their cervical mucus, cervix position & temperatures!! Lol!

Vegas will be cool to get married in. Have you seen what chapel you want to get married in? At least you have plenty of choice over there. We were thinking of going there in September but being sensible we decided to save for a new house instead & going to the Lake District instead.....not quite the same!! :rofl:

:hug:

Dee
xxxxx

Hi wait.and.see,

Yes lets hope, I am looking online for ovulation kits, my fiance rolled his eyes at me..lol..:blush:

EternalRose

Oooh nearly 3 years! But its only recently that Ive discovered that I actually knew so little about it. You know at school you were told if you have sex you would get pregnant......lies!! Well unless you are the type of person who will end up on Jeremy Kyle as they seem to fall pregnant by looking at a man!

Ive been checking my cervical mucus (never thought that it could be so interesting) lol, started using ovulation predictors 2 cycles ago which are quite helpful & this cycle Ive started using pre-seed its a lubricant that mimics fertile cervical mucus. Fingers crossed that this will work :happydance:!

Im sure in time you will get used to people posting about about their cervical mucus, cervix position & temperatures!! Lol!

Vegas will be cool to get married in. Have you seen what chapel you want to get married in? At least you have plenty of choice over there. We were thinking of going there in September but being sensible we decided to save for a new house instead & going to the Lake District instead.....not quite the same!! :rofl:

:hug:

Dee
xxxxx

Hi Dee, we wanted to get married in "the" little chapel, yeah cheap and nasty but affordable. lol. Lake district is gorgeous hun, Ive noticed a lot of talk about temps e.t.c and I dont understand it all but I am shocked to find out that there is only a small window of oppurtunity to get pregnant in a month. I thought you could get pregnant at any time, but you cant technically speaking. I really hope that new method works for you , I wonder how long ill be trying for, god knows..

My ones were cheapy ones on ebay. I think I was £3.98 for 20. You get more expensive ones but they do the same in the end. Sometimes it is quite difficult to judge if the lines are the same or are they slightly darker! Other times its pretty obvious that its a positive.

Dee
xxxx

Oh and it never fails to surprise me how easy they get pregnant on jeremy kyle show!

My ones were cheapy ones on ebay. I think I was £3.98 for 20. You get more expensive ones but they do the same in the end. Sometimes it is quite difficult to judge if the lines are the same or are they slightly darker! Other times its pretty obvious that its a positive.

Dee
xxxx

Thanks for this, I have noticed they are really expensive from boots e.t.c the best deal I have seen from ClearBlue Brand or Early responce ( whatever its called ) is 19.99 for 20 so will be defiantely going down the cheap route. If you test everyday your bu*****d at those prices.

EternalRose

Yeah I wouldnt pay a lot for the ovulation tests either. Ive seen them in boots & was tempted but thought 10 OPKs or a new cd/bag/etc..............hmmm! I used 8 my first cycle & only used 4 last one. I O'd late (CD18) on my first cycle as I was on painkillers that delayed O.

I dont temp, dont think I could be bothered & would likely forget also. Would have my morning cup of tea then think Sh*t, havent temped! Lol Quite a lot of people swear by it though & it does seem to work for them.

xxxx

:hi: and welcome! You'll find it very friendly on here and you'll be surprised at how little you actually knew in a couple of weeks!
I got married in Vegas in April, good fun!

Welcome-good luck with your TCC journey. U can be at your most fertile immediately after coming of BC so good luck x

what a romantic story!!! i can relate- my oh just qualified as a graphic design and art teacher and ive just finished my uni course- but starting midwifery in sep 2010- so desperately trying to get pregnant BEFORE october this yr so ive got enough time between the birth and the start of uni!!! welcome to B&B sweetie- xx

Heya, Just Wanted To Say Welcome And Hope You Have a Short Stay.
Yur Marriage In Vegas Sounds Exciting :)

Good Luck x

Hi everyone, thanks for all your lovely replies.

I can not wait for this period to be over so I can start getting busy, period was meant to have started on the Monday but I had my implanon removed of 3 years on Monday too, so it has only really kicked in today. I think the removal of my birth control has had something to do with the change in dates.

Honeybee- I was looking into midwifery too, but I have so many hoops to jump through to get to university, I thought I might as well just go the long road but saying that I can see myself changing my mind after having a little one:baby:

EternalRose

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"