Hi, I'm back home!

Hoping

Reaction score
Thanks Alice for updating everyone - only had 11 hours of sleep since I went into labour last Thursday night! But little Thomas is so gorgeous - I will post some piccies as soon as I get a chance.

Amazing labour, waters broke at 9am, told to go in for assessment of bubs because of high blood pressure, sent DH home at 4am and kept me in because of some concerns over his heart rate. By 5.30am I was 3cm dilated and having strong contractions and they gave me pethidine. 20 minutes later I was in a room on my own, thinking "I want to push", now never having had a baby beforem it was very odd and scary but in fact I had gone from 3cm to 9cm in 20 minutes! No time for an epidural by then! So then there was a panic because there were no delivery rooms free. Anyway, then the slow bit came - took 3 hours to get him out because he had his arm up by his face, with the cord wrapped around his arm and neck. I ended up with a drip to strengthen contractions, and then they cut me and pulled him out by ventouse. Bless him, he was blue and DH saw him plop out with the cord round his neck but within a second he was fine. He is the best thing ever and I am in love.

Good luck to all of you waiting, and one thing I would say is rest while you can!!!

Thanks for all the good wishes you all posted.

Take care

Catherine

well done, hope u have a very happy life together. x

Congratulations babes!!! x x

Congratulations! Glad all went well and your little man is fine.

Congratulations hon x x

Congrats! Cant wait to see pics hun!

congrats!!! What an amazing labour!! Hope you get some sleep in soon hun x

Congratulations hun cannot wait to see him!! :yipee:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583