Hi i'm new to this

Discussion in 'Long Term Trying To Conceive' started by PixieRoessa, Jan 25, 2011.

1. PixieRoessa

PixieRoessa Member

hi:hi: i just thought i'd introduce myself as i have just joined.

well, my name is Roessa, i have been with my other half for 9yrs in may.
    we have been TTC since i had an ectopic pregnancy january 2004 with no luck yet.

i got told last week that i have PCOS & that im actually not ovulating.

i will be going on Metformin in March to help me ovulate & hopefully help me lose some weight.

just thought i'd join this site to make some new friends
    :dust:

2. Traskey

Traskey New twin mummy

:wave: Hi Pixie and welcome to the forums. There are lots of fabulous people here to offer help and support if you need it.

I am sorry to hear about the PCOS diagnosis, but I hope that now you have it, they will give you some support with improving conception :happydance:

:dust:

3. PixieRoessa

PixieRoessa Member

thank you so much for your reply, i was a bit nervous about posting on here:shy:

i am really glad to have some answer as to why it hasn't happened for me yet, i had been going to the doctors for ages asking for help and they wouldnt do anything.

it took for me to break down in floods of tears in front of the doctor's for them to agree to help & i was right all along, there was something wrong with me.

i cant wait to be put on Metformin

thank you once again for your reply, it was really kind of you to leave a message.

:dust::dust:

4. Flake-y

Flake-y Proud mama & pregnant!

Hi Pixie, welcome to the forum!

I'm on metformin too for mild PCOS, been on it for the past 3 weeks to sort out my ovaries for IVF!!!

Hope the metformin works for you, a diagnosis is always horrible, but it's the first step to fixing the problem!

Good luck!!!

5. Tarkwa

Tarkwa Mummy to two boys :) xxx

Welcome Pixie - I'm only a newbie myself (joined 9 days ago!) so know how you feel. Every time I went to my GP or FS I would break down :cry: so you're not alone! :hugs:. Knowing that you have PCOS and it's being treated is a huge step forward - I hope this is a short journey for you. If you're not ovulating though, surely your GP/FS would consider putting you on clomid? My docs weren't sure I was, but after going on clomid I had a really good CD21 blood test (the last FS I saw said my previous levels were low - first I knew about it! But I was having irregular periods so kinda figures).

If you want support with the weight loss come join us on bellys to bumps - see my siggie for link. We're all curvy girls hoping to get our BMIs down for the docs to get treatment. I'm hoping to get metformin at my next FS appt - FX'd that will help with my weight loss (my GP prescribed me orlistat - the same as alli, but double the strength, and I don't think I should go down that route. I might re-consider after my weigh-in with the girls on Monday though!!! :haha:).
    Take care
    xxx

6. Monsterpops

Monsterpops Well-Known Member

Pixie!!!!!!

Hey hon!! You already know me from BB, FFM and so on!!

How're ya doing hon!! incase you need a refresh im monsterpops everywhere lol - been trying for 9 years after ectopic and tube loss - you'll like it here - just like the ttc forums in pinkpad/babybump and no nastiness xxx

Oh - if you want some support for weight loss try the 'dieting for infertility' thread (im sure you can get to it through my profile) they are wicked girls!!

jen xxx

7. 1hopefull

1hopefull Clomid Baby on Board

Hi Pixie- Welcome to BnB. :hi: This ladies on this site are so wonderful! Glad you joined us.

Sorry to hear about your loss and your long struggle. I can't imagine how frustrating it must have been to have the Dr's not take you seriously (I am mad for you!!!!) :hugs: So many girls on here have success with PCOS so you are in good company.

FX that your stay in the TTC/LTTTC forums are short.