Hi im new!

bella2

Reaction score
Hi everyone, im new here and could do with ur thoughts on my situation.

Im 28 and am extremely broody right now. Im currently on the pill and have decided to come off it in the next couple of months. Me and my boyfboth r really excited by the thought of havin a baby some time soon. However, Ive been on the pill for just over 10 years now since i was 17. the thing is i started my periods when i was 12 ish and they were never regular - in fact theyd last about 3 days and there wud be months in between. As a teenager i never cared much or worried and in fact quite liked not having monthly periods - obviously now im older and wanting kids im really panicked about things and wondering if i can conceive.

Pls any advice wud be great im just wonderin if any of u have similar circumstances.

xxx

Hi Bella2,
I'm new too. I was on the pill for the same amount of time. I decided to come off the pill before I got married in June. I've been off the pill for around 6 months now. I decided to come off to let the pill come out of my system. We've been trying since June and I've got my fingers crossed for this month as I'm late.
I wish you all the best xx

Hiya!

Im new too and this is our first month of TTC and first month off the pill! I was also on the pill for around 10 years so I am guessing that it might be a while yet until we could be lucky! although have heard lots of people saying that your most fertile so who knows hehe!

Fingers crossed girls xx

you sound like me bella!
i came off the pill 14 months ago after a nasty kidney infection, having been on it for 5 years prior to that. i'd never had particularly regular periods before - in fact, i remember waiting a few months for one when i was in my second year at uni! but i know there were also times when they were pretty regular as well! never particularly heavy though. being young, i was thrilled! missing periods really didn't bother me!
it took me about 3 1/2 months to get my period back after my breakthrough bleed - i had 3 cycles, about 5 weeks or so long each..then nothing, for 6 months! it was in that 6 months we decided to start ttc. i finally got my period - i'd begun taking a supplement called agnus castus, after hearing people mention it on here, & i'm on my next cycle, which is still a long one (i reckon it'll be about 60 days), but fingers crossed i'll start getting shorter cycles soon!
good luck :)

hi and welcome :wave:

I am in a similar situation - i was on the pill for about 7 years and came off it in December. I never had regular periods as a teenager, but I never kept track of them it was just hit & miss when one would arrive - it didn't bother me excpet for the inconvenience of never knowing when to expect it!

Anyway, back to now, since January I have had 6 cycles, varying between 24 and 47 days long. I started charting my basal body temperature (BBT) and using ovulation predictor kits (OPKs) to determine when I ovulate, and so far in the last 4 cycles I have only ovulated once. I am currently going through the process of fertility tests with my doctor.

I'm sorry I don't have a more upbeat story for you, but just wanted to warn you that it may take some time for things to settle down into a routine. The pill can play havoc with your system, and if your hormones were never that organised to begin with then it may not help things.
The other thing to be aware of is that it is very common to experience 'pregnancy symptoms' when you come off the pill because of adjustments in your homrone levels - many a woman has posted on here after stopping BCP that she feels pregnant. Just something to look out for!
However, on a more positive note, there are plenty of women on this board who have conceived within the first couple of months of coming off the pill.

Good luck! :dust:

Welcome Bella,

Your story sounds alot like mine. I was on the pill for 10+ years and before that I would go up to 10 months without a period. I thought for sure I was doomed. Surprisingly (both me and my obgyn) my periods have been sort of regular since coming off last October (28-42 days, 29 the last 2 months). If you were irregular before bcp you have a good chance of still being irregular now, but with any luck you will have regular cycles now.

thanks everyone for the posts - i cant help worrying that the pill has just been hiding some problem but i guess i will only find out by coming off it! ive decided that after this current pack off pills has finished i am going to stop taking it. got to admit im terrified becuase i so desperately want a baba!

thank u all so much for ur replies - no doubt u will be seeing a lot more of me round here xxx

hey and welcome! i got pregnant the first month of bcp with my dd, so maybe you will get lucky and that will happen to you! however, this time on cycle 3 after coming off the pill, and still no baby, so i'm still waiting, but good luck to you and i hope it happens right after you get off bcp!

I've never taken BCPs, but I didn't want to read and run! Good luck on a quick and easy :bfp:! :)

~*BABY DUST*~

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->