Hi Im new =]

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by xxLauraxx, Oct 22, 2008.

1. xxLauraxx

xxLauraxx New Member

Hey everyone Im Laura

Im 18 and I just discovered Im pregnant.
    I broke up with my bf of 4 years just a matter of weeks ago and yesterday I discovered I am pregnant.
    Recently I have been ill and although I have been on the pill for over a year ,I figure that despite taking an extra pill on the day i was sick it still somehow manged not to be effective.I am so scared,I don`t know what to do.I am most worried about telling my parents and bf.I really want to keep the baby as I am against abortion and although I feel mentally ready for a baby I do not feel physically and financially ready.
    I am in college atm and enjoying it,I really want to continue my education and give myself and my baby the future we both deserve.I have worked so hard with my education and don`t want give up now.Id be letting everyone inclduing myself down.
    There is no chance of me and my bf getting back together,after what he has done I dont want him back.The thought of being a single mum is daunting to say the least but I am prepared to work hard and fight for a decent upbringing for my child.
    I just wondered if anyone here has been in a similar situation to me and could offer me any advice.Thanks in advance:hug:

2. Charlotte-j

Charlotte-j Mum of 2.

hi, welcome to baby and bump :)

there's a lot of people on here you can talk to, i'm a single parent myself not doing the college thing. if u need to chat anytime feel free to message me :hugs:

3. Suz

Suz ~ I are a Nerd ~

:wave: Welcome to BnB!!!

4. xxLauraxx

xxLauraxx New Member

hey =]

thanks for the quick replies xx

5. Samantha87

Samantha87 Well-Known Member

Hey Welcome to the board. Im pretty new also. I have also almost been in that sisuation except i was younger and decided not to keep the baby. Something that i regret everyday of my life :cry: I know all the stress that you are under! You sound like you have a good head on your shoulders im sure you will end up making the best decision for you and your baby

6. lynz

lynz mum of 2 princesses

:hi: welcome to baby and bump

7. Waiting2bMommy

Waiting2bMommy Levi and Jax's Mommy!

8. MsLynn225

MsLynn225 Twin Angels*06.12.07*

Welcome to BnB!!
    Congrats!! That's so exciting....Dont ever discourage urself, in thinkign you cannot do it...Believe in yourself, ur not in this alone, many other young ladies your age are through the same thing. . If you sat down and have a talk with ur ex-bf and tell him ur situation, maybe the two of you can figure something out... He deserves to know what is going on with you, for this is not an easy ride... If you need anything, dont be shy to leave a msg. Take care:)

9. Carlena

Carlena Well-Known Member

hey and welcome congrats on your pregnancy.....
    i agree with mslynn you need to get you ex -bf and sit him down and tell him what is going on he has a right to know this as it is his child

10. massacubano

massacubano Guest

I had my first when I was 20. pregnant at 19, I hope everything works out for you. :)
    I agree with the Ladies above on advice, first step to talk with ex and stay healthy too which means mentally as well *stress is no good*.

11. hotsexymum

hotsexymum mum of 4

welcome to baby and bump

12. doctordeesmrs

doctordeesmrs Mummy to 2 boys TTC #3

13. Leanne&Bump..x

Leanne&Bump..x Mam of Karl & a Pup x

:hi: Hiya :) Im 17 & Pregnant..
    Although im not in the same situatuion, i would say to tell your family as soon as you feel able and then you will have a huge support.
    There is nothing worse than going through this alone..

Dont discourage yourself..you will give your child the best life possible and dont let anybody discourage you.

If you left college to have your baby, then went back once your LO was here you would be entitled to free childcare, called care2learn or something like that :) If you need to ask anything just pm me :) take care xx