hi ladies

confused27

Please stick little one x
Reaction score
hi ladies i have an appointment for the assisted conception unit in a couple of months and im so scared, can any of you tell me what kinds of tests they will do etc thanks so much:flower:

For my first appointment they did an internal examination (it didnt really hurt) and then they asked LOTS of questions. I then got put on a waiting list for a HSG and also a transvaginal scan. Neither of these hurt, the HSG wasn't pleasant but nowhere near as bad as I was expecting. Your OH will also have to do a sprem sample.

The tests are scarey but it felt good to have them, I knew I was getting a step closer to finding out why we weren't getting pregnant with each one.

Good luck with everything and please try not to worry too much (lol I know that impossible!)

:hugs:

Hey confused

Our first appt at the ACU was as a referral from our GP - we had already had bloods and an SA done.

They took all our details, weighed me and then booked us in for a follow up appt 3 months later. During the 3 months wait i had to have an HSG done and DH had to have an SA and karotype testing - then at our follow up we were put on the waiting list.

I promise you nothing is scary at the appointments and nothing hurts - although we have ended up going for IVF - it wasn't as bad as i thought it would be.

Praying your journey is short and sweet xx

ty ladies, the thing is i dont know whats gonna happen because i have been prgnant but every time i lose the baby, i dont really understand why im being referred to assisted conception unless they will help me with the miscarriage?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->