Hi New hear need advice

glitterqueen

Reaction score
Hi
Sory if this is in the wrong place-not used to these things but I am demented!!
I am 40 have been ttc for 10 months although I have been visiting a gyne for 5 years with painful periods-he did nothing-not even a blood test just told me it was natures way of telling me I had left it too late to have a baby!!! nice
Anyway eventually asked GP to send to FS who booked DP in for SA and said he would see me in 9 month HELLO I am 40)!!! In the meantime GP has referred me for Lap and Dye in oct
Does anyone know if I have any chance of ivf on nhs as I am attending fertility clinic or should I push them again?
I am taking loads to supplements too bloods and hormones normal defo ovultion but I get period cramps from day 20 so I think even if I do get preg It wont implant as I think the progestrone falls from day 20 giving me cramps???
Please help/reassure will it ever happen and how do I push for more help/what do I say/ ask for. I can't even get trough to fertility clinic to speak to doc it was the nurse who told me no chance of seeing him for 9 months. I thought they were supposed to fast track oldies?
Sorry for such a long post xx

You would really need to check your health boards policy on IVF. 40 is too old for nhs ivf in my area, although its not in the neighbouring health board. Its all very inconsistent. I think you will find 9 mths is fast tracking as most areas you are looking at 2-3 year wait.

You could try getting your gp to prescribe clomid? Some gps will presecribe, others wont. Again, another lottery.

I am currently looking at going to Norway for ivf, at a total cost of £1800. Way cheaper than here and they will see you immediately......

if you are worried about bean not sticking, you might try vitamin b complex to lengthen lp if you haven't already...

other than that i don't know any advice to give, sorry i couldn't be more help :(

:dust:

Hi Thanks ladies-I know I am just being impatient but fustrated I was told my health trust will do ivf until 40-hence the fustration and also the 5 wasted years where I kept asking gynae and getting nowhere! Ah well keep trying naturally-any other oldies out there??? Perhaps we could console each other x

Hi Crypto1976
I was looking at ivf in Norway too let me know if you sus anything out bout it-my FS said that at my age anything I can do myself will work much better than IVF but not sure if that is just because he dosnt want to do it in NHs? He said it isnt sucessful and I get the impression it would mess up their stats yet he will do it privately!
I feel a holiday in Norway comming on!

Hi
Sory if this is in the wrong place-not used to these things but I am demented!!
I am 40 have been ttc for 10 months although I have been visiting a gyne for 5 years with painful periods-he did nothing-not even a blood test just told me it was natures way of telling me I had left it too late to have a baby!!! nice
Anyway eventually asked GP to send to FS who booked DP in for SA and said he would see me in 9 month HELLO I am 40)!!! In the meantime GP has referred me for Lap and Dye in oct
Does anyone know if I have any chance of ivf on nhs as I am attending fertility clinic or should I push them again?
I am taking loads to supplements too bloods and hormones normal defo ovultion but I get period cramps from day 20 so I think even if I do get preg It wont implant as I think the progestrone falls from day 20 giving me cramps???
Please help/reassure will it ever happen and how do I push for more help/what do I say/ ask for. I can't even get trough to fertility clinic to speak to doc it was the nurse who told me no chance of seeing him for 9 months. I thought they were supposed to fast track oldies?
Sorry for such a long post xx

Your Gyne sounds like a pompos twat if you ask me and if I were you I wouldn't waste any more time or energy on him. I'm in my forties and ttc too. As far as my area goes and I think this is fairly much across the board, IVF on the NHS is not usually considered after the age of 35. Have you had your CD3 bloods taken to see where your FSH level is at (egg quantity and quality) you can do all your reproductive hormones in one go including estrogen and Progestrone. your Dr should be able to refer you and you generally go in your own time - but best to go on day 3 of your cycle. This might put your mind at rest a little bit.
Good luck.

Thanks Nise
have booked for test and e-mailled the clinic in Norway who were really lovely-fingers crossed for the test results and thanks for the support x

Excellent news. Good luck with it all. Nice to see you on the older ladies trying to conceive as well, there are some lovely ladies on there.

I found the norway lot to be lovely and helpful and the success rates are good.Def worth exploring!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->