Hi, new here, nervous

cowlicks

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I should be 5w3d today (only determined by my last period). It will be my first, and I'm quite nervous. My no. I worry is that I'll miscarry, or by the time I have my first scan (more than 3 weeks to go!) they'll tell me there is no baby, it stopped growing, etc. I know there's no basis to that since I haven't had a miscarriage before, nor should I be in the high risk category, but you never know, right?

So I've resorted to symptom-spotting, without much success. I do have some symptoms like fatigue, weird metallic taste in mouth that popped up since 5w, very slight nausea at times, slight dizzy spells, and diarrhea (TMI sorry), but then I'm used to being dizzy & nauseous easily, so every symptom could be attritubed to reasons other than a baby! There's not much point going POAS again, as all the tests since a few days before period was due were pretty dark to begin with.

How can I possibly wait for 3+ more weeks, and then some?

Hi, welcome! Congrats on your BFP!

All being well, this will be my second baby and I'm even more of a panic merchant than I was first time round! You could drive yourself mad symptom spotting, I know I am :rofl:

Try not to worry, sounds like it's going ok so far

Good luck for your scan in a couple of weeks - I've still got 7w before a scan, the first is at 12w where I live. It's torture!! X

Hi and welcome!

It's a nightmare this pregnancy lark and we all understand ur frustrations aswell as your nerves. Where abouts are you from? I'm having baby number 3 (fingers crossed they stick) and this is far worse than the others lol if you really can't wait maybe book in for an early scan somewhere? They range from £60 to £145 in the uk
Try and enjoy this special time
H xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"