:) Hi, new to this :)

MrsPumpkin

Expecting 1st baby :-)
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I've signed up here having been to the doctors this morning, who confirmed I am 6 weeks pregnant :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance: My husband and I are over the moon, we have only been married just under 5 months and hadn't even started 'trying' yet!

So anyway I hope you don't mind (like I said I'm new to this), I have a few questions for you more experienced Mums-to-be

1. When did you all tell everyone, for me the thought of waiting 4-6 weeks is a nightmare, I'm sooooo excited DId you tell close family and friends straight away and then others after the first scan, or did you wait to tell everyone? I have this feeling my Mum will just 'know'.
2. When did you tell work? I work in an office (i.e. not manual work) so don't need to tell them straight away but I just wondered what usually happened. Tbh the company I work for has less than 20 staff, has been going for less than 10 years and as far as I'm aware they've never had anyone on maternity leave.
3. When I tell work should I discuss straight away how much time I intend to take off, and that I would like to come back part-time, or does that come later?

Sorry for the long first post, I'm just bursting with excitement

Mrs Pumpkin xxx

COngrats on your pregnancy :)

I told my parents and OH's parents straight away, my dad was so excited within a week everyone knew. But i didnt mind he is just so happy to be a grandad. But we didnt tell friends until i was about 10 weeks :)
I didnt tell work until i was 14 weeks and have provisional told them when ill be back but not said anything for certain yet. :)

Congrats again and welcome to BnB XxX

1. When did you all tell everyone, for me the thought of waiting 4-6 weeks is a nightmare, I'm sooooo excited DId you tell close family and friends straight away and then others after the first scan, or did you wait to tell everyone?

With my son we told everyone right away - 5 weeks along - both friends and family. Same this time we told everyone right away I was 6 or 7 weeks pregnant.

2. When did you tell work? I work in an office (i.e. not manual work) so don't need to tell them straight away but I just wondered what usually happened. Tbh the company I work for has less than 20 staff, has been going for less than 10 years and as far as I'm aware they've never had anyone on maternity leave.

Last time I told work right away 5 wks. This time I just started in a new department and don't really know anyone. So my co-workers around me don't know.

3. When I tell work should I discuss straight away how much time I intend to take off, and that I would like to come back part-time, or does that come later?

I think thats a personal thing. I told my last boss that I was taking a year off right at 5 weeks lol. As for coming back part-time that really depends on your job. I couldn't do that with mine. By law (as far as I know) they only have to hold my position. They don't have to provide whatever position I want when I come back. So if I wanted to come back part time I'd be SOL!

Congratulations on your pregnancy!!
I told best friend and parents straight away and everyone else after the 12 weeks scan.
Tell work when you like but they may need to do a risk assessment depending on what you do etc.... xx

We told our parents/siblings on the day we found out. I plan to tell my work this week as i've only been in my job 4 weeks (same company for the past 6 yrs so entitled to MAT pay etc) and I feel if something went wrong they'd need to know anyway.

Congratulations on your BFP

Clartylou

We haven't told ANYONE yet and it's killing us!!! LOL But we have our first scan booked for Wed. and his mother's birthday is Thursday and the family will be gathered to celebrate so we are contemplating telling them then, based on how the scan goes!

Welcome, and Congrats!

We told everyone right away.
1) We told some family and friends the same day as we got the second home :bfp: (different tests 2 days in a row). We told them that I haven't been to a doctor and it's just a home test and nothing's certain so early, but we'll let them know if something new happens.
2) I told my boss the first day after I found out. He has kids of his own and we had spent the last couple of weeks preparing to send me across the world for over a month. I knew he had to know asap! He took it very well. Occasionally asks how bad the ms is... :dance:
3) I told him straight away that this means I have to get as much done in the next 9 months as possible, because after that I will be unavailable for at least half a year. I probably won't be able to do much practical work in the end, but I'll be able to write and do research. :happydance:

Hi everyone

I've signed up here having been to the doctors this morning, who confirmed I am 6 weeks pregnant :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance: My husband and I are over the moon, we have only been married just under 5 months and hadn't even started 'trying' yet!

So anyway I hope you don't mind (like I said I'm new to this), I have a few questions for you more experienced Mums-to-be

1. When did you all tell everyone, for me the thought of waiting 4-6 weeks is a nightmare, I'm sooooo excited DId you tell close family and friends straight away and then others after the first scan, or did you wait to tell everyone? I have this feeling my Mum will just 'know'.

Sorry for the long first post, I'm just bursting with excitement

Mrs Pumpkin xxx

Heya Mrs Pumpkin!
First of all a huge CONGRATULATIONS on your :bfp:! Hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy!
I can only help you on the first question as Im currently unemployed.

Its sooo hard trying to keep it to your self! Sometimes I wish I hadnt found out till I was dead on 12 weeks so I could broadcast it to the world!
I told my close family (Mum,Stepdad,Brother,Nan,Auntie and Uncle) the day that I found out, when I was about 4 wks 4 days, But Iv tryed to keep it to myself since then but its so hard, I ended up telling a few close friends too.
Its up to you who you tell and when you tell, Alot of people dont wait untill the 12 week mark but its just personal choice really!

As for work, Im sure alot of the other ladie will be able to help you out there and give you a bit of advice:)

Congratulations again

Ashleigh x

Hi Hun

A huge congrats :happydance: on your bfp !!

Hope you have a happy and healthy 8 months and feel free to ask any questions x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"