Hi! TTC baby number 2

blink_baby

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Just thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm 27 and mummy to one gorgeous boy who's 29months old.

I'm getting married in 2 weeks abroad but we are officially starting to ttc now.
I've been off the pill for over a year (using condoms as birth control) but as my period was going to fall right over the wedding I took a pack (and abit) to alter when af will come. Af has just gone so this is our first month ttc, I'm just hoping taking the pill for a month hasn't messed up my cycle :-/
It took us nearly 12 months to conceive our boy.

I'm excited but nervous about baby number 2 as my little boy hasn't been the easiest. He suffered badly with reflux, and spent the first few months crying, screaming and not feeding. He's been a terrible sleeper (he's only just started sleeping through the night and is always up by 6am) :sleep: and he is the most horrendous eater I've ever known, he hardly eats anything and will often have meltdowns when you offer him food.
But apart from all that he is the most lovely, bright and funniest little man and I wouldn't change him for the world and know he will make a great big brother :)

So who else is on this ttc journey? Will look forward to meeting you all and hopefully become bump buddies :thumbup: xx

Hello! Im ttc#2. I am on month 12 though! We are hoping that its just on3 of those things though and not an actual issue as such.

My daughters dob is 6th feb 2012 :)
She is also a bad eater and hardly eats and won't try and thing new! We have tantrums about food too !

Congrats on getting married soon!

I wish you all the luck ttc! I am just waiting to have confirmation of ivualtion at the mo as hoping its any min now!

Hello, we're TTC no2 also. Been off BC since early May but this will be the first real month actively trying. We got pregnant month 2 last time so I was spoiled, no hanging around. Had a rough pregnancy and delivery so im a bit nervous. DD is great though, eats well and now sleeos too, though not often past 6am! Good luck ladies! I'm supposed to ovulate between now and Friday. Period is due 23rd.

Hi,
Thanks for you reply.

Oh our little ones are very close in age and sound like they are both handfuls at mealtimes, it's so frustrating isn't it, and I don't think people understand when you try to explain what such bad eaters they are.

How long did it take you to conceive your daughter? Hope you fall pregnant soon. Are you using any methods to help conceiving. Last time we used the cbfm, vitamins, conceive plus etc. But this time I'm going to try to relax to start with. I do have some ovulation sticks just so I can have abit of an idea about what my body is doing.

Xx

Good luck to you too Edinburgh! Hope you get a fast bfp again this time.
fingers crossed that when you do get your bfp you pregnancy and birth is a lot smoother this time too.
I was lucky and had a great pregnancy and the birth was pretty good too- although I was 12 days late, and they did half induce me (I did start with contractions on the way to to hospital to be induced but they still gave me one pessary anyway.) I was in labour for 24 hours and ended up with an epidural, but by the time it came to pushing it had stopped working.
It's weird but I can't wait to do it all again lol. It was just once he was born he's been hard work at times with the reflux etc.
I'm hoping for an 'eater' and 'sleeper' next time lol. :baby:

my little girl is 2.5 and I am in my first 2ww ttc #2. I am SO scared that my dd will become jealous as she is already a handful (she is a typical girl!) but I also can't wait for her to act as a little mommy. we currently still co-sleep which is another issue (even though I love it, I know it's time!) she's a good sleeper but not so much an eater. she would live on cereal if she could!

We were very lucky to conceive my dd first try! This time its been 11 months No luck and this is month 12.

We are both taking conception vitamins. I have been using opks and temping although some months I have been better than others with this! Some months wehhave really slacked on the bding though! Im 1dpo today! Hooray! X

We were very lucky to conceive my dd first try! This time its been 11 months No luck and this is month 12.

We are both taking conception vitamins. I have been using opks and temping although some months I have been better than others with this! Some months wehhave really slacked on the bding though! Im 1dpo today! Hooray! X

1dpo here too!

Hi bellaxgee! Good luck to you!

How do you get bding if you co sleep with dd? Just a curiosity q

Xxx

Hi bellaxgee! Good luck to you!

How do you get bding if you co sleep with dd? Just a curiosity q

Xxx

she usually falls asleep either by herself or after a few minutes of one of us laying with her. then we either go into the living room or we have a guest room.

Ah a different room! That makes sense! My dd comes and gets in with us early morning so morning bding has been out of the question. Its harder with a child than it was 1st time around! X

Good luck to you bellaxgee, and I'm sure your little girl will love being a big sister.

Haha, know what you mean fuschia, we were at it all the time ttc first time round. Some times now I'm just too tired for sex it's hard to find the energy lol. Xx

Yes that's right. .. I remember doing it all akl different times of day just cos we fancied. ... and now im lucky if im still awake at end of the day! Ah we will all get there! Xxx

I literally just said out loud "go spermies go!" As my DH finished. He was hysterical laughing.

Haha well you may as well give them all the encouragement you can! Im a bit annoyed this am. Fertility friend have taken away my cross hairs after putting my temp in this am which was only slightly higher than yest . Im a bit worried I didn't ovulate yet! I guess I could keep up with doing opks and check they don't get positive again ! My instinct is telling my I have oved... ff is just making me doubt it now!

Hi!
Ttc number 2 as well! Only just started. Going to see an OB today about my cycles since they still have not returned since before I was pregnant with DS. So next week that will be approximately 2 years if no af. DS is 14months and we just finished Breastfeeding three weeks ago. I'm one of those lucky ladies that doesn't have cycles unless they completely quit nursing. It was super sad and depressing for me, even though my son didn't seem to mind. Hoping that today they can prescribe provera to give me a kickstart so that I can start my round of clomid and fertilaid.

Haha well you may as well give them all the encouragement you can! Im a bit annoyed this am. Fertility friend have taken away my cross hairs after putting my temp in this am which was only slightly higher than yest . Im a bit worried I didn't ovulate yet! I guess I could keep up with doing opks and check they don't get positive again ! My instinct is telling my I have oved... ff is just making me doubt it now!

i would go with your instinct..anything can make the slightest change in your temp.

Hi!
Ttc number 2 as well! Only just started. Going to see an OB today about my cycles since they still have not returned since before I was pregnant with DS. So next week that will be approximately 2 years if no af. DS is 14months and we just finished Breastfeeding three weeks ago. I'm one of those lucky ladies that doesn't have cycles unless they completely quit nursing. It was super sad and depressing for me, even though my son didn't seem to mind. Hoping that today they can prescribe provera to give me a kickstart so that I can start my round of clomid and fertilaid.

good luck!!

I'm not "having my first" anymore. We have a son who will be 2 in August (so 23 months now). I really want another, my best friend is due in October and seeing her bump growing is making me so broody!

I am nervous this time, I wasn't last time as we got pregnant straight away... but this time I'm nervous it will be harder. I am definitely over weight this time... I hope I am nervous for no reason. Anyway... we are about to start trying.

Good luck to everyone and I'm happy to be back on this forum to have some support from other mummies trying for another.

Are you ladies still interested in keeping this thread going or have you all got your bfps already? I'm 8dpo waiting to test. It's our second month trying for our second. I took 2 years with dd... A rough season to go through. Now she is 1 years old and we are ready to give her a sibling!
I use cbfm and we dtd twice on peak 1 and once on peak2. I had cramping the past three days.... Nothing yet today.
I'm feeling hopeful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->