Hi :)

Girlfactory

Reaction score
Hello Everyone.

Just wanted to introduce myself and ask a few questions.

I gave birth to Twin Girls at 23W 6D on 25th of April.
Both are doing pretty well considering, Twin2 has been on CPAP for 3 weeks, TWIN1 they've tried extubating a few times but she can't quite get there yet but hopefully soon :)
All head scans have been 100% clear and both are gaining weight really well.

Girls are obviously in NICU, the hospital is 2 1/2 hours from 'home'.*
I have two other girls who are 4yo and 1yo so I'm currently juggling time between the two and arranging babysitters/daycare and everything.

Hoping someone could maybe link me to some stories on here of babies around the same gestation?
I'm from Australia and can't seem to find many stories at all.

Looking forward to reading the threads here and having some support too, I've been really crashing in the last few days and just not in the right mind space at all, I'm sure you all understand.

Just tried to add a link to our blog incase anyone wanted to read how our journey has been so far but it won't let me add it :p

Take Care everyone :)
I'm just after any info possible really.

hey hun. my boy was born at 27+4 so not quite as early. its really good to hear your girlas are doing so well!! what r their names? the girls here are really supportive so if u need ne help/advice or just a vent go ahead n we will try n help xx
xxxlove n kisses xxx

Names are Eden and Willow.

TWIN1 Eden was 745g/1lb7oz. And is now 1010g/2lb3oz
TWIN2 Willow was 635g/1lb4oz and is now 940g/2lb2oz

Before they were born we were told there was only a 30% chance of survival.
Theyre now 5 1/2 weeks old and the Peadiatrician told us they're now at 85% :D

Hey,

Congrats on the birth of your two little girls.

They are really good weighs, my second twin was born at 24 weeks and weighed in at jjust over 1 pouund 5 oz and is now 13 months old xxx

Congrats on ur twin girls. I had my lil one almost a week before you (19th of april) at 24 weeks 5 days gestation. She is doing great too and all i do is pray to God she gets stronger and better. Will be praying for your girls too.

congrats on your LO's my son was born @ 25+2, their are some moms on here with 23 weekers and they may be able to help further with info.

Hi, welcome and huge congrats. :)

I had my wee girl at 23+6 in October 2010. She weighed 655g. She stayed in hospital for 136days. It was hard going. I have an 8 year old, 5 year old and 3 year old. So had to juggle time a lot. Luckily my hasbands work was great, and he finished work every day about 12noon, and still got full pay. My little girl was on a ventilator for 5 and a half weeks, then BiPAP and CPAP for about 8 weeks, then oxygen via nasal cannula. She's been home since March and still needs oxygen at night. She had a grade 4 IVH, which is being monitored, but all is really well apart from that.

If you have any questions feel free to ask. The girlies on here will help as much as possible.

xxxxx

Hello and welcome! Congratulations for the birth of your daughters! Eden and Willow - I love original names like that. That`s really good weight gains! Glad to hear they`re doing so well :hugs:

Don`t hesitate if you have any specific questions, I know I took great comfort from reading the stories of other wee ones. I can`t help you with managing your other kids (this was my first) but it must be quite the juggling act!

Well if you want info, my son was born at 27 weeks but with the weight of 23 weeks at 570 grams. The doctors also gave us 25% survival odds, and said he would probably be heavily handicapped if he survived. Well we sure showed them =p He was ventilated for 5-6 weeks (off and on), CPAP for another 8 weeks or so, then canula for another few. He had all the possible complications and near losses you can imagine - NEC, internal bleeding, lung rupturing, a few sepsis (blood infection), grade 3 retinopathy (affliction of the retina due to constant oxygen) etc etc. It was a very rocky road. But fast forward a year and he`s doing great. All he has now is a bit of muscle stiffness that we`re doing physio for.

Just wanted to encourage you that even the smallest ones can put up quite a fight and show the doctors :haha:

Does he look like he weighed 1lb4oz? :happydance:

https://nova.polymtl.ca/~miadel/vincent/mars2011a.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back