Hiccup worries?

I also mentioned it to my consultant yesterday who didnt know link between that & cord compression. She wasnt worried as baby is active, even when i said kicks had turned into more like rolls or limbs pushing out. She said 'ah thats lovely' when i said baby hiccups lots :/

Mine little boy has them alot and has done from around 30 weeks. I read a post on here the other day about it being dangerous as it means the cord is around the babies neck! Anyway... I seen my MW yesteday and told her, she said (in her words) it was nonsense and there is no evidence that a baby having hiccups means that. In fact she said a baby with hiccups is a very healthy baby as it shows they are practising breathing.. So personally I wouldnt worry.. xx

Thanks Hun. I just noticed you're from Gloucestershire too!! You're the first one I've noticed on here! :happydance:

Oh yay.. :happydance: Ive not seen anyone else from Gloucestershire.. Where are you from?

Mine little boy has them alot and has done from around 30 weeks. I read a post on here the other day about it being dangerous as it means the cord is around the babies neck! Anyway... I seen my MW yesteday and told her, she said (in her words) it was nonsense and there is no evidence that a baby having hiccups means that. In fact she said a baby with hiccups is a very healthy baby as it shows they are practising breathing.. So personally I wouldnt worry.. xx

Thanks Hun. I just noticed you're from Gloucestershire too!! You're the first one I've noticed on here! :happydance:

Oh yay.. :happydance: Ive not seen anyone else from Gloucestershire.. Where are you from?

Cirencester. What about you?

Stroud. Well we moved to Eastington so just out of Stroud now..

Stroud. Well we moved to Eastington so just out of Stroud now..

We used to live in Bussage which is very close. So are you going to deliver at the maternity unit there? I've had two babies there but have been advised to go to Gloucester this time around.

I used to live in Busssge to (many years ago) in Dorington Court!

Yeah I'm hoping to go to Stroud Mat just need to bake him until I'm full term I've heard lots of nice things about Stroud..

I used to live in Busssge to (many years ago) in Dorington Court!

Yeah I'm hoping to go to Stroud Mat just need to bake him until I'm full term I've heard lots of nice things about Stroud..

We were at Farriers Croft! Yes it is lovely and very personal. I had my two best births there-everything is so laid back. I was all set for it again but as it's my fifth, they want me to be to be near an obstetric unit because of the risk of bleeding. I'm very jealous! :)

My bubba is almost a week old and towards the end from say 34 weeks onwards he was hiccuping loads every day - i googled it and they say it is a sign of a healthy baby. Now he is out he still hiccups lol - but most importantly he is healthy xxx don't stress or worry yourselves ladies xxx

My first hiccuped loads!!!!! He was fine!
My current one is hiccuping about 5 or 6 times per day, I've never heard it meaning anything negative. I was told it's them practicing breathing, not sure how true that is

My little man seems to get hiccups more in the last week. He had them 3 times yesterday but only once so far today

i didnt feel hiccups for all pregnancy except once until the last 2 weeks and now he has them about 3 times a day :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->