Hiccups - How often?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Piper84, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Piper84

Piper84 Well-Known Member

It seems to be happening more regularly with me now (34 weeks) and although it lets me know he's head down, they can get on my nerves!

How often do you ladies notice it daily? :D

2. Lyric_grace

Lyric_grace Well-Known Member

My bump seems to get them 2 to 3 times daily at least, I'm 32 weeks now and head down too, they do sometimes annoy me as they seem to be quite strong but I just try to forget about them!

3. muddyoneshoe

muddyoneshoe Member

My little Bun gets hiccups on average about 6-7 times a day, sometimes more! Can I ask a really silly question... how do you know from the hiccups your LO is head down?
    :blush:

4. Braven05

Braven05 Mommy to Avery <3

Mine LO gets them anywhere from 3-6 times a day...I feel bad for her sometimes...if I got hiccups that often I'd get really annoyed lol

5. leahsbabybump

leahsbabybump Mummy to 3

my LO gets them about 3 times a day sometimes moreit drives me insane my OH says "its so cute how can it make you cross" im like you keep her in your belly and see if it bugs you lol its like when someone is tapping you on the shoulder to get your attention and wont go away isnt it lol

6. MrsKTB

MrsKTB Mummy to Henry

My little fella has them al the time! It doesnt annoy me, but it can feel uncomfortable, sometimes feels like he's trying to escape! lol

7. Lyric_grace

Lyric_grace Well-Known Member

Thats a good way to describe the annoying part of it! It is very much like someone won't stop tapping you, not annoying as such just irritating!

8. tiggerpony

tiggerpony Well-Known Member

My baby gets them about twice a week lol x

9. curly123

curly123 Mummy of 1!

That's where I feel them - low low down so I know bub's head is down there!
    Mine gets them up to 6ish times per day sometimes - other days are quieter :winkwink:

10. Braven05

Braven05 Mommy to Avery <3

I feel mine very low down but my baby is transverse...I thought she was head down because thats where I was feeling hiccups but nope :nope:...I have no idea what body part I'm feeling when she hiccups..maybe her belly?

11. Gbobs

Gbobs Well-Known Member

I (well bump) get them about 2-3 times a day on average. Mostly low down in my lower abdomen but I got a bit anxious the other day as I seemed to be feeling them low down (but in my back) and at the top of bump at the same time! I thought bump had turned to breech position after being head down for ages. Luckily I've just seen my midwife and bump is still head down. Not sure why I got such a strong sensation up top that time - maybe bump was moving his/her bum to the rhythm of the hiccups!

12. curly123

curly123 Mummy of 1!

Does transverse mean sideways? Sorry 1st time mummy here!
    My doc and midwife told me bubs is head down so I know from that for defo but funnily enough although I do feel bubs hiccups down low I also feel them i think in bub's back? I've been told back and bum is facing up so it must be back I think!

13. natalieee

natalieee Isabelle Louise 04/07/11

I think LO has only had them twice my whole pregnancy, is that odd??

14. jessshakespea

jessshakespea Well-Known Member

My LO used to get them 2-4 times a day and it got on my nerves too :) Now she's ex womb so to speak, she still has them, and it's much cuter :D

15. Piper84

Piper84 Well-Known Member

They're just very low down so I assume it's his head and shoulders making the jerking movement! :D

16. MrsKTB

MrsKTB Mummy to Henry

Baby B had them at about 4 this morning, pretty violently too...that was annoying! lol