Hiccups

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by lousielou, Oct 28, 2008.

1. lousielou

lousielou Mummy

How do you know if your baby is just kicking repeatedly, or if she's hiccupping?! :D

2. Janisdkh

Janisdkh Well-Known Member

You can tell. The hiccups are a constant pattern that lasts a good while. Not like 3 punches in a row. Its more like 15 jumps every second in a row :) Not sure how to explain it.

3. lousielou

lousielou Mummy

Yes, it was really quick, and there were a lot of 'em - am pretty sure it was hiccups! :D

Ooh, if I got my doppler out next time, would I be able to hear them do you think?

4. Janisdkh

Janisdkh Well-Known Member

Not the way we hiccup but you can hear the thumps

5. lousielou

lousielou Mummy

Coooooooool :)

6. spoo

spoo Mum to Harry and Emily

With hiccups, their whole body moves and thats an entirely different to the punches and kicks :)

Its so cute isn't it! My LO hiccuped several times a day when I was pregnant. Even now, age 7, he only has to laugh and off he goes hiccuping!

7. izzy29

izzy29 Well-Known Member

I was at the midwife this morning and when she used the doppler she said baby had the hiccups. I thought it was just moving though so I obv cant tell. Maybe next time I will be able to tell the difference!

8. 1st time mom

1st time mom Well-Known Member

Thanks for asking this question as I've often wondered that myself... At what point do you start to feel the hiccups? I feel regular punches and kicks, but so hard to say if they're hiccups.