Hiding it!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by aimee-lou, Apr 13, 2009.

1. aimee-lou

aimee-lou Totally Outnumbered!!

Hi everyone!

I'm really enjoying being pregnant but I don't want to tell the wider world until we are sure everything is fine. We have our scan next week and will be announcing after that.

My problem is that I have quite a sizeable bump (look more like 16 weeks than 12!) and I think I'm going to struggle hiding this especially at work.

Anyone else having to do this and how are you coping?

2. Seraphim

Seraphim Amazing Baby Girl

I just wore less smart clothes, I find people look less closely at you then ;) Working with all men helps ;)
    I did hide alot in my office ;) Although I was much earlier whilst keeping it a secret, but it seems like I popped earlier than some of my friends at least.

I decided to tell work after my second early scan (8w) because the pack I got from the GP had a leaflet in it which said you are only covered by anti-discrimination laws AFTER you have informed them. As I said, I work with all men (save a couple of admin women who have grown up children). Nobody in my company has ever been, or is likely to be pregnant in the workplace.

I was also prompted by the fear of being sick and someone guessing.

I have a couple of empire line shirts which would hide you for months! ;)
    Need to invest in some new trousers though.

3. aimee-lou

aimee-lou Totally Outnumbered!!

Thanks,

I've told my boss at 5 weeks (primarily for the anti-discrimination laws to cover me as my work is a little archaic - mainly retired people so no pregnancies ever!! :rofl:)

Everyone else though I just don't want people guessing before I'm ready to tell....already had it happen once and it really upset me. I've not had a scan or anything so I'm loath to assume everything is ok. I know in myself it is, but you never know do you?

Empire line is a godsend, shame I cleared out my wardrobe in January and threw a load of stuff out! :hissy: I had loads of bigger stuff in amoungst that! May have to stay in my winter woolies until the end of the month! :rofl:

4. jlon

jlon Well-Known Member

I'm just gonna let people assume I've put on weight for a while. Its the no-drinking, sicky thing that I find harder to hide, especially as I work with a lot of after-work-drinks type of people!

5. RobenR

RobenR Mum to miracle girl & boy

I haven't told anyone but will have to soon since being military, if I don't they're going to have me marching out into the field for a 2 week ex in May toting an 80 lb rucksack which I know won't be the best thing for me (since the straps for it go right across the midsection and cut off circulation...bad).

I think I can hide it until I hit at least 10 or 11 weeks though before I have no choice. :)