Hiding pregnancy at Christmas time!

bebedreamr

Reaction score
So here's the thing: everywhere I go, I am on "bump watch" as I like to call it. LOL. People ask if I am "eating for two", or catch me if I am not drinking diet coke, etc. I just got married and already have a 2.5 year old, so naturally people expect a second from me!

I am just not ready to tell anyone- OH and my closest childhood friend know I am 4 weeks. How do I keep well meaning family and friends from guessing? I want to surprise our families at Christmas in a cute way, so I don't want to spill the beans. What are your strategies?

A pre-Christmas detox could explain the lack if diet coke. I have sometimes used a "hangover" as an excuse for not eating/drinking certain things. Food poisoning is another good excuse - especially if you blame something you shouldn't be eating in pregnancy for it!

:)

Great suggestions k4th! I will have to use those haha.
I am worried too, because I don't want to tell our families on Xmas, but... I'm a bit of a drinker haha, and when everyone offers me a drink st Christmas and I decline, I'm afraid that it'll be really obvious! I don't know what to do or say...

Feelings the same! Not sure how to tell our parents at all and not sure I'm ready but also it'll be so obvious if I don't drink at Christmas! I'm going to have mulled punch and hope it deceives everyone!

Feelings the same! Not sure how to tell our parents at all and not sure I'm ready but also it'll be so obvious if I don't drink at Christmas! I'm going to have mulled punch and hope it deceives everyone!

I'm not sure if this will work with your family (mine isn't very observant) but on Thanksgiving I accepted a glass of wine, then DH would take sips when no one was looking. We were there 4 days and no one caught on!

You all are so clever! I am not huge drinker but I do enjoy a glass of wine...

I suppose too we could also put the OH's in charge of making sure our glass is never empty!

I put oh in charge of making drinks & ask him for vodka, lime & soda. Which he gets for me minus the vodka!!! Works in a bar too ;)

Good ideas ladies.

We are telling our parents on Christmas (I think my mom has already caught on to me) but I'm not ready to tell my work. We have a Christmas party next week that usually involves a lot of drinking so I'm going to order A glass of wine and make my coworker sip on it lol.

Unfortunately my husband doesn't really drink at all so unlikely to work.

Here is to hoping we can at least keep it under wraps until Christmas. I feel myelf startin to crack! LOL

Another good excuse is to say you are getting over a stomach virus or developed acid reflux and limiting what you are eating and drinking to only the fresh stuff until you can figure out what caused it. You can also add on you are taking medication for it if anyone gets too nosy. Alcohol and medication don't mix, everyone knows this. You can even say anti naseua medication since naseua and stomach bug can go hand in hand. If you are taking anti naseua medication for your pregnancy, you won't even be lying then lol!

Tell them you're on antibiotics. Can't drink when you're taking them. Which would also explain no diet coke...you don't feel well.

Good idea Mod!

DH said he may ask the waiter to the side to not give me alcohol during our Christmas party for work. We'll see if that works.

Are you working at all over Christmas? Thankfully I work everyday from the 24th-28th so I can use that excuse. Going to be non-alcoholic wine or something for new years and hopefully no one will notice!

I have Christmas day and the day after off so I'll be with family. I'm not worried about them but I don't want my work to know. I'm not ready for the "I'm going to quit when I'm 8 months" conversation. I think my boss is on to me though.

When I was newly pregnant with DD I used the "I can't drink I'm on antibiotics for a tooth infection" one. I spent a few days before needing to complaining about "the pain in my mouth" to make it a bit more convincing.

Haha that would be helpful. I did disguise my recent dr. trips and was very vague so maybe I could use the antibiotic excuse.

When I was newly pregnant with DD I used the "I can't drink I'm on antibiotics for a tooth infection" one. I spent a few days before needing to complaining about "the pain in my mouth" to make it a bit more convincing.
This is a good one. And if you use Facebook that would really get it around to make it convincing.

Back to the accepting the drink part- I did this and would take it to the bathroom with me and pour a little out each time. (my DH doesn't drink in the slightest so he wasn't much help to me)

So last night I went to my inlaws house for my birthday dinner. My MIL opened up a bottle of Moët to celebrate! Even though I told her that I didn't want to drink and didn't feel well and want to cut down on my alcohol... She poured me a glass. So, when people were distracted DH drank his and swapped our glasses.
Hopefully no one realised... Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->