High Blood pressure and inducing

jules22

Preggers :)
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I have had a difficult pregnancy. I went in at 27 weeks for pre-term labor and got put on a tons of meds, steroid shots and even some experimental drugs to keep the baby in. Anyway... today my blood pressure hit 145/90 when usually it is 120 while being pregnant and not being pregnant I'm 100/60 which I am quite proud of hahaha.

Anyway, my doctor now tells me I might have to be induced if it gets any higher. How high does it have to be before this happens??? Anyone know?? :nope:

I'm sorry you had such a rough time with pregnancy :hugs:

I think my bp was top 90's and even 100's when I was induced at 38 weeks -then during labour went up to 115 but I cant be sure on the top number sorry. Do you have protein in your urine too :shrug:

Hope all is well with baby :hugs: xxx

So far I don't have any protein in my urine. Sometimes its hard to get a good read on my urine though because I drink SO MUCH water. I'm thirsty all the time!

Hiya,

Its normally high 90's/100's when they get concerned but you can be put on meds to bring it down - I was at 35 weeks and managed to make it to term before being induced.

x

hi hon,, mine is going up and down between 165/110 at worst to 130/87. im on meds now and its still too high so being induced in next 7 days.x

high bp means isnt good on any of the functions in ur body and that includes the supply to baby. the high bp could also be an early sign of pre eclampsia which may be showing in you and not in the baby just yet but can be dangerous for baby hence the induction.

i had to be induced due to their estimations of baby not puttin on enough weight at the end of preg and it only showed in me when i was in labour, i got v.high bp !! ( i had pre eclampsia - it produced during labour)

mine is normally at 140/90 now and has been for a while so they are going to induce when i get to 40 weeks and i have medicine to control it until then. They will try not to induce unless it goes above 150/100 and they have not been able to control it with medication. they will also check if baby is still growing etc before they make a decision to induce

i have high BP at the moment so just gotta go to the antenatal clinic most days to get checked, they hvent really said anything to me about it other than its high - i dont have anything else...x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->