High blood pressure for me

bbbbbbb811

Reaction score
My bottom number of my bp normally reads anything from 60-75 and I’ve always been on the low side but I went to the midwife today and my reading was over 85. Should I be worried since that is high for me? As I know they don’t normally worry TIL 90+ but surely the fact I’m usually low, this is a quite a rise for me. I’ve also bee experiencing bad headaches but my urine tested normal. I’m going in to the hospital soon for an appointment, should I bring it up?

I'd imagine if you're going to the hospital that they'd check it anyway, but definitely bring it up if they don't. Headaches were the first sign of mine sliding too high. I was usually around 120/63 and started creeping up to around 185/96. Protein didn't appear in my urine until this level. It could have been a blip, it could be sliding up to level off around here (BP does go up at the end, my Dr said), or it could be rising into something high enough to indicate early preeclampsia. The only way to know is for them to recheck.

Good luck. I delivered my second preeclampsia baby three weeks ago at 34 weeks, and like her brother before her she's doing just grand. Hoping we might get home tomorrow.

Iv just been diagnosed with pre eclampsia. Bp 132/113. The next reading was way higher but i kinda zoned out after the worry of first one. Just had 1st steroid shot for babies lungs and told bed rest. Im almost 34 weeks. Praying baby and body hold out another week or two.

Bbbbbbb811 how are u feeling?

Ferry, thank you for your reply. Congratulations on your little girl and I hope you get home soon. Has your LO been in NICU? You must be excited to get her home!

JJordan, I remember seeing you get your BFP. Sorry you’ve been diagnosed with Pre eclampsia but you’ve made it to a good gestation especially with steroid shots that your NICU stay should be short. But every day counts and you’re doing amazing:hugs:

I mentioned it but they weren’t concerned as it wasn’t over 90. They didn’t take my bp to see if it had risen any further but I have an appointment again tomorrow where they’ll take my bp as routine. Hopefully it hasn’t and it was just a temporary blip!

Ferry, thank you for your reply. Congratulations on your little girl and I hope you get home soon. Has your LO been in NICU? You must be excited to get her home!

JJordan, I remember seeing you get your BFP. Sorry you’ve been diagnosed with Pre eclampsia but you’ve made it to a good gestation especially with steroid shots that your NICU stay should be short. But every day counts and you’re doing amazing:hugs:

I mentioned it but they weren’t concerned as it wasn’t over 90. They didn’t take my bp to see if it had risen any further but I have an appointment again tomorrow where they’ll take my bp as routine. Hopefully it hasn’t and it was just a temporary blip!
Thanks love. I had a chat with my cousin who is a doctor. She said i can relax as baby is a good weight at 2.2kg and if we lucky to go another week itll be just fine. That said..why cant. I sleep LOL!! I might have to buy a good book to occupy my mind. Holding thumbs & toes that your bp is under control now! Yay!! Oh my greatness you are almost fully baked! U must be excited!

JJ, you're not supposed to have your baby before mine! [-X My induction should be around 1/22.

I feel so lucky that my BP has stayed under control this whole pregnancy. I'm taking much less BP meds now than I did before I was pregnant, so weird.

My girl is HUGE anyway, we'll see how much she's grown in a week tomorrow. Over 7lbs last week.

Also I have a hernia (bulge in my belly button) :(

BBB, it doesn't sound like your reading is that bad at all, but I'm stunned they wouldn't just take your BP again anyway, it's pretty basic. I take mine at home every other day or so to monitor.

JJ, you're not supposed to have your baby before mine! [-X My induction should be around 1/22.

I feel so lucky that my BP has stayed under control this whole pregnancy. I'm taking much less BP meds now than I did before I was pregnant, so weird.

My girl is HUGE anyway, we'll see how much she's grown in a week tomorrow. Over 7lbs last week.

Also I have a hernia (bulge in my belly button) :(

BBB, it doesn't sound like your reading is that bad at all, but I'm stunned they wouldn't just take your BP again anyway, it's pretty basic. I take mine at home every other day or so to monitor.
Ah you had me giggle at you. Im hoping she stays put and the gyni is happy when i see him on Friday again. Todays bp was much improved! Meds are working woohoo.
Ahh ur bub is a big minx. U lucky girl. Other than birthing tho? Do u plan epidural or gas?

With your BP much improved, does that mean baby might get to stay put more than another week?

We are planning an epidural birth. My doctor doesn't think nitrous helps much. My only experience with it was at the dentist once, and it didn't do anything for me there.

I will take anything they will offer me though! ;)

With your BP much improved, does that mean baby might get to stay put more than another week?

We are planning an epidural birth. My doctor doesn't think nitrous helps much. My only experience with it was at the dentist once, and it didn't do anything for me there.

I will take anything they will offer me though! ;)
Ill see what gyni says on Friday. Im happy to cook her a little longer but i think he wants to deliver her soon hence the steroids for her lungs. But lets see. Im just so fed up with headaches and swelling. Phew yuk.
Epidural birth sounds amazing. My mama always told me, its epidural birth or sunroof option. There isnt any other. In her opinion.

Bp is low now. But im feeling so terrible. Can i ever win? Lol! Baby staying put for another week at least, steroid shot Monday again and another check up next Friday. So onwards we march. Nauseas and man down with headaches. Send backup girls..i need hugs xx

Bp is low now. But im feeling so terrible. Can i ever win? Lol! Baby staying put for another week at least, steroid shot Monday again and another check up next Friday. So onwards we march. Nauseas and man down with headaches. Send backup girls..i need hugs xx

Good news and bad news, eh? I haven’t had nausea since first tri.. wearing those “sea bands” on my wrists was a huge help, you might look for those. And drink lots of water for the headache.

Hugs!

High blood pressure is one of the most common health conditions affecting the heart and blood vessels.Your heart is a muscle that pumps blood into your body’s organs and tissues. Blood is pumped out of the left side of your heart into the arteries - the blood vessels that carry the blood’s oxygen and nutrients to your body.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->