High blood pressure

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Swanny, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Swanny

Swanny Well-Known Member

Well what an eventful last day at work! I finished at lunchtime, went for 36 week midwife appointment and when she checked blood pressure she said oooooh that's crept up a bit but I'll take it again at the end of the appointment. Which she did and it was even higher.

My booking in blood pressure was about 120/67 and at latest appointment it was 130/90.

She said I'll ring the day unit and send you in....so me and hubby went over there no idea what to expect. They monitored baby for about 40 mins and took blood pressure every hour over a few hours and took bloods and urine.

Nothing came back from bloods or urine and blood pressure varied but top number got up to 140 and lower number highest was 90.

It went down to about 128/86 so they sent me home and I've got to get it checked again in another week.

Just not really sure what to make of it all, I haven't felt dizzy, don't have disturbed vision or any protein in urine.

My friend was induced early cause her bottom number eventually wouldn't go below 90 and she started to get protein in urine.

Should I be worried?

x

2. flumpsmummy

flumpsmummy Well-Known Member

im not sure tbh, but if it was something serious id of thought theyd keep you in.xx

3. Clareabell

Clareabell Well-Known Member

Hi, I have been having problems with my blood pressure for the past two weeks and am currently signed of work for the next month. The highest mine has been is 147/94. Like you I have been into the hospital several times and had my bloods done and my urine each time they have come back fine.

I would not worry if I was you (that will just make things worse) but also you are lucky to be at a stage in pregnancy where if you unfortunately did develop pre-eclampsia your baby will be nicely mature and is only days off being categorised as full term. Good luck!! :)

4. XJessicaX

XJessicaX mum to two girls!

130/90 isnt high blood pressure lol. Its perfectly normal blood pressure.

5. Swanny

Swanny Well-Known Member

I wonder what they are on about then lol, they said that midwife was right to refer me but that they wouldn't be concernered unless it was something like 160/100 lol

x

6. nearlythere38

nearlythere38 mummy of 3

i had pre-eclampsia towards the end of my last pregnancy, and was hospitalised then induced. it got to 165/118 at one point. this time my blood pressure at 8 weeks was 138/83 so not the lowest, but it has been going up and down.

just try to get plenty of rest, your blood pressure isnt that high but if it keeps going they will start treament with something like labetanol.

7. Sooz

Sooz Paige & Mason's Mum!

Mine went from being 112/62 to 136/82, which is very high for me, and my MW didn't seem concerned about it.

8. Spunky

Spunky James' and Juliet's Mama!

Had you had more salt that day? That can effect it. Also the fact that you were starting to worry over your blood pressure could cause it to raise. 2 appointments ago I'd had a horrible day at work, then they told me I was an hour late to the appointment (and were so rude about it- treating me like a deadbeat and telling me the doc may not see me now - and then the nurse was like oh yeah, there was a note in your chart, you weren't late, no apology). They took my bp and it was 142/89 then they let me rest and it went to 150/92. I had only traces of protien in my urine, so they let me go. 2 weeks later my blood pressure was like 128/72 (I hadn't worked that day and no one harrassed me). One high blood pressure doesn't make an issue. They are watching me closer now though (and like my cousin said you'd rather they keep a closer eye on you than to not notice). Cut salt intake and drink lots of water and stay calm and you may not have any more problems. :)

9. cazza22

cazza22 Mummy to 2 & pregnant x

Mines been hugh too swanny mainly 147/94 I too had to go for that blood pressure screening in hospital I think it's just our mw's being extra precautious :) better to be safe than sorry babe xxx they will just keep an eye on u now as ur nearly due xxx

10. TTCBB3

TTCBB3 expecting baby #3!!

im 31 weeks and my bp was 139/65 at last appt and they said i needed to watch it. I had pre-eclampsia with my first child and second was normal. so they just want to make sure everything is ok this time around also bc this is about the time my bp started to rise in my first pregnancy.

11. Swanny

Swanny Well-Known Member

Well I ended up back at the hospital again on Sunday morning as after sending me home the first time they told me to look out for high abdominal pain, headaches or blurred vision. I had terrible high abdominal pain through the night so went back in, blood pressure had gone up to 124/95, they took bloods again and were happy with results, got slight protein in urine and swelling in fingers but they said they aren't worried unless bottom number goes above 100.

x