High blood pressure

addy23

Reaction score
Yesterday I had my OB appointment at 26 weeks. My blood pressure was high enough for the doctor to be concerned. It was 138/92. They sent me for PIH panel and urine test to check for protein. They said they needed to check hypertension and possibly preeclampsia. She said she doesnt think I have these but they have to cover all bases. So I await results which I'm sure I won't get til monday. Im hoping its negative. Only 14 weeks left!

Usually the two go together. I am surprised your OB doesnt check the urine in the office? Most of them seem to have dipsticks to check. Keep an eye out for sudden swelling, numbness or tingling to your extremities, or a moderate headache. You might want to google the symptoms of preeclampsia on americanpregnancy.org or an NHS website.

I would definately call my OB if you dont hear the results in a few days. I had a friends who's OB didnt take her high b/p seriously and she went into preterm labor and had her son at 28 weeks. Not trying to freak you out, just keep you informed and aware. Many docs tend to forget about you after you walk of the office! I hope that everything turns out ok. Hopefully it was just elevated b/c you were nervous or a little off for the day!

Do you know what your bp usually is? 92 seems quite high, they get concerned when it goes above 90. In my last pregnancy from 34 weeks mine was 85ish which was high compared to my normal 60 and I was checked every 2 days from 36 weeks. It eventually went to 170/106 and they made the decision to induce but luckily i went into labour the morning before the induction. I would definately keep checking for your results, there is medication they can start now to reduce it! And keep a eye out for the signs in the post above xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->