high grade dyskaryosis.... devastated. .

lora123

Reaction score
Received my Smear test results yesterday and have to go for a colposcopy as they have come back as high grade dyskaryosis, all I can think now is what if it is cancer and I can't have children at all, even best case scenario I think it that I'm going to have to put all my ttc plans on hold which is heartbreaking in itself.
Can't stop crying, feeling so devastated and a mess. :-(

Received my Smear test results yesterday and have to go for a colposcopy as they have come back as high grade dyskaryosis, all I can think now is what if it is cancer and I can't have children at all, even best case scenario I think it that I'm going to have to put all my ttc plans on hold which is heartbreaking in itself.
Can't stop crying, feeling so devastated and a mess. :-(

:hugs: i am sooooo sorry. Hope it is nothing serious. I will put u in my prayers hun . Good luck x

Good luck, I have heard that treatment & recovery can often be fairly quick. Hope for the best and don't despair yet :)

:hugs::hugs:
I've never heard of this, but when ttc #1, I was diagnosed with moderate cervical dysplasia and had to get it removed. I was devastated and had to prevent the month it was removed, but ended up getting pg 2.5 months after the procedure was done. Stay positive and I hope all goes well :hugs:

Hi, sorry to hear that. Can I ask how you ended up getting on with your results and treatment? I got my letter today and my results were same as yours I'm also ttc!
I have my colposcopy on the 22nd May...if I do become pregnant it's safe to have it done but if not it won't effect my fertility which is the good news.
The worrying part is after my colposcopy when I get my results what happens if I need treatment..what will it be? Will that effect my fertility? I do know that if I do become pregnant they put the treatment on hold until baby is 12 weeks old and they just keep an eye on me...well that's what I read.

Thank you

Hi.
I am fully recovered now and ttc again :)
I had my colposcopy and lletz treatment back in Feb early March and they managed to remove all the bad cells during the procedure.
It's important to remember that it is very very rarely cancer that is picked up from a smear, however I'm sure like me you're thinking the worst right now!!
The procedure itself was painless for me, just a weird sensation - not dissimilar to a simple smear just a little longer.
The recovery was fine too, discharge for around three weeks which needed a pad or panty liner. No sex for four weeks while recovering and then told that it's safe to continue ttc after the four weeks was up :)
I have to go back for a repeat check up smear every six months for the next couple years I believe, but I think that's good that they are keeping a close eye on me now!
The lletz procedure which I had ( think it's called leep outside uk) does not affect fertility and there is just a very tiny increase of giving birth to a premature baby due to weakening of the cervix.
Please try not to make yourself ill with worry like I did, as the chances are everything is going to be just fine.
Don't hesitate to ask any more questions, I know how scary this can be when you don't know what's going to happen etc.

Ah thank you for your reply...I must say I feel much better now after hearing from someone who was in the same boat! You read that letter and your brain just goes into panic mode and start thinking all sorts lol.
TTC my 2nd baby which will also be my last...so instantly I just thought omg don't ruin my chances!!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->