High HCG 23 DPO?

SarahC14

Reaction score
*i first posted this in Pregnancy Club, but then thought it would be better here:
Hi everyone,
I'm so excited to finally be able to post on the pregnancy boards! So I know the real answer is that I have to wait for my first scan (which is in two days), but I'm just too antsy so I want to know what you think. I had IVF last month. It was a Day 2 transfer of a 2-cell and a 5-cell embryo. 14 days after retrieval my HCG was 171, 16 days it was 423, and 23 days it was 7,405. The first two seem to be in the singleton range, but the most recent one seems high. So what do you think, could there be two in there?

I've had it go both ways. My last pregnancy was a singleton with hcg measuring two weeks ahead by "normal" charts. I was never quite doubling in 48 hours though.

This one, I am actually in the normal range for hcg but my doubling time was fast: 27h under 1200, 30ish for 1200_6k, and 42h for above 6k. It's looks like vanishing twin this time.

I think the # itself can vary, it's more about the doubling speed and even then I had plenty of women calming me down that they tripled and had singles. Countdown to pregnancy has a great doubling calculator in the tools section.

Congrats!

Thanks! My doubling time from ~400-7400 was about 40 hours, so I guess that's boarderline for two...

The numbers won't tell u that. Yes sometimes multiples have higher hcg but not always- ive seen singletons with high hcg too.

it had way more to do with how early u implanted rather than how many ur having

Some women just have higher hcg. At 21 DOPO mine was 18,762 and it was just one. However, since you had 2 embryos transferred (if I"m reading correct), it could be twins. I just wouldn't use hcg as an indication. Congratulations!!

I don't think there is any real way of telling from hcg alone. With my son, my levels were high and there was just one in there.

With this one I was 117 at 13dpo, 3402 by 20dpo, 14'255 by 24 dpo and 27'356 by 27dpo. My scan is friday and I will be happy to see a healthy heartbeat be it one or 2

My doubling time for this pregnancy has been 22 hrs and 33 hrs respectively! My hcg levels were quadrupling. I'm pretty sure there's only one in there... Scan next week. My other 2 pregnancies I had high and fast doubling times as well and they were only one. However u can easily have 2 bc of your ivf but hcg levels aren't the greatest at predicting. GL xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->