High hcg 4 weeks? 8 weeks?

dBOO0510

Reaction score
I took a pregnancy test (5 days before my period) and it was as dark as the test could get. Massive symptoms. Had sympyoms (sore boobs, food adversuons, nausea) for about a week.. had slight nausea here and there for 2 weeks. Before taking the test. Had my hcg numbers drawn at 4-5 days before my period and they were 38,248. I had my second numbers drawn but wont find them out till tues/wed. Since my numbers are so high they want me to go in for an ultrasound to make sure of the dates but its not for 8 more days. I had a period nov 23- dec 8.. i had provera to stop it.. another period dec 18-20.. then another jan 18-22. Is it possible to have these numbers so early or is it likely that im further along like 8 weeks? Should i expect my numbers to still double even though so high? i ha

Those numbers are super high for 4 weeks but if you were 8 weeks those numbers would be on the lower side of normal. Even for twins or multiples that would be super high for 4 weeks. It is possible, but it seems to me that you may be closer to 6 weeks along. Just a guess. I'm sure the ultrasound will provide you with more answers.

Agreed I would definitely go in for a scan. I also agree that number seems was too high for 4 weeks but a little low for 8. I was at 15k at about 5w4d so 6w would have been over 30. With my twins, I was at 65k at 6w3d. Can't remember what my 4-5 hcg was off the top of my head. But it was higher because my hcg was tripling when it should have doubled. It was just under 5k at 4w6d.

You could be a bit farther, carrying multiples, or just have high hcg. Hard to know before the scan. At 4w6d, mine was 18,762, which was high, not as high as yours obviously, but my OB said in all his years, he's seen hcg numbers all over the place and doesn't speculate on anything until a scan, which is more reliable than hcg. With my first pregnancy, my hcg was over 38,000 at just over 5 weeks (I later miscarried) and even then, my OB didn't think anything of the number. Good luck and congratulations!

I would get it checked to be on the safe side and get an accurate idea of dates. I didn't have hcg checked but with my daughter my tests were darker than the control line at 10 dpo. I think I just implanted early.

Thanks. My scan is set for monday so we will see. My numbers went yo to 57,385. From what i read that can fall into diff ranges. Based on my period dates i dont see how i could be 6 weeks but we will see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->