High HCG and Progesterone but nothing seen on transvaginal ultrasound

sacredheart

Reaction score
Hello ladies! I'm new to the board. It's very nice to meet all of you! I have a quick question and concern. Last Wednesday I was considered to be 6 weeks and a few days pregnant. I went to the hospital for a transvaginal ultrasound and nothing was seen. Not a sac, embryo, fetal pole. Absolutely NOTHING. The doc did say that she saw a "clearing" or "passage way" to where it should be. She was concerned and said it could be too early (I miscalculated my date) or it's ectopic. She drew my blood to check my HCG and Progesterone and everything came back as normal. HCG was 4400 and Progesterone was 16.2.

She called and said my numbers were great to come back in for an ultrasound within a week or two. Well, I'm too anxious so I scheduled my ultrasound for tomorrow. I should be around 7 weeks and a few days then.

I'm just concerned because I've read where you should be able to see something on the ultrasound around 5 weeks or with an HCG level over 2000. I'm just wondering why the doc doesn't seem as concerned for ectopic? I'm just afraid.

I've also had a loss of symptoms. Not completely but they are not as strong as before. My breasts were REALLY sore and I had lots of nausea when I first found I was pregnant and now nausea is almost non-existent and breast soreness barely there. Just a little.

I've had some cramping & sharp pains here and there but no spotting.

So my question to all of you is has this happened to any of you? The high HCG and Progesterone but nothing on ultrasound? Just wondering if anyone has come back as still having an ectopic or miscarriage or should I not be worried and be excited that there is possibly a healthy little baby growing inside of me.

Any advice would be great as I'm dealing with a bit of anxiety at the moment.

Thanks to all of you in advance!!!

I know this is an old post...but my g/f and I are in a very similar situation. Hopefully you'll get this. PLEASE...can you let me know how your situation turned out?? Hope everything worked out for you. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->