High HCG? Fast Doubling times?

happyhound

Reaction score
Hi! I had a quick question. I went through a frozen embryo transfer July 14 and have gotten a BFP!!!

My Betas seem high to me though and on the faster end for doubling times. We transferred two, and although I know hcg and doubling times don't necessarily mean much until an ultrasound, I'm still curious what everyone's opinions or personal experiences may be? I don't remember my beta's being this high or fast with DS two tears ago.

1st Beta (15 dpo) - 312
2nd Beta (19 dpo) - 1613
according to BetaBase (I narrowed it down for my age at 34 although my embryos are considered at age 31) these are more in line with w/ twins pregnancy and my doubling time is too at 40 hours.

I would be thrilled with either one or two - I just want a healthy little one, but I am really curious now!

Any thoughts?

Any thoughts??

From what I have read, progesterone seems to be a better indicator of multiples than beta numbers. Gl hun!

From what I have read, progesterone seems to be a better indicator of multiples than beta numbers. Gl hun!

Hmmm......Well Im on progesterone shots, so who knows, but it was 54 and 48. Dr said it will adjust throughout the day so the difference isnt a concern. When I was on progesterone before though it never went above a 20.

Well if your prog normally is around 20 then it sounds like you have a pretty good chance of multiples! Gl and please update here, I love to read these stories!

Oh good sign re progesterone!
I had super high hcg, super fast doubling time with my last baby and it was just one in there.
When are you having an ultrasound? Sounds like chances are good!

My betas are in my signature and I'm having 2! However, my friend did ivf 5 days before me, had similar/slightly higher betas, and is having 1!
Yours are looking good but it's so hard to tell! But fun to guess, when is your first scan?

And congratulations! Mine was a FET too!

I think with a fet this early the progesterone is solely from the shots, as you won't be producing any of your own. At least in my case with a medicated cycle.

Thanks for your input ladies!! We have our first ultrasound this coming Monday - the days are dragging!!! I will update in he afternoon afterwards. Of course the biggest thing I am concerned about is seeing healthy little bean(s) measuring correctly.

Hi ladies! In case any of you were following up or for anyone who may check this later - we had our ultrasound today and there were TWO little beans!! I am 5 weeks 5 days today and one was measuring 5 + 5 the other was 5 + 6, AND we saw two little heartbeats!!! They were too small yet to measure heart-rate of course but the nurse was very pleased at what she saw. We do have a little "bleed" next to one of the babies, but at this point it is not very large and I remember having one with DS and it cleared up on it's own. The nurse of course said they will be watching it, butt with no cramping or spotting along with it, there is nothing I need to worry too much about for now. Just take it easy and no housework, laundry, lifting, etc. Back in a week to follow up on that and to measure hopefully two strong little heartbeats!!! Keep your fingers crossed for Baby B until we see whats going on.

Congratulations!!! I hope your bleed doesn't turn out to be anything to worry about.

OMGoodness that's so exciting!! HUGE congratulations! !!
I had bleeds with my last two pregnancies and they were fine...

congrats!!! :happydance:

Fingers crossed the bleed fixes itself and doesn't affect either baby!

Congratulations on the twins amazing news. Hope the bleed is nothing to worry about. I had the same in 3 of my pregnancies and like you with your previous pregnancy it disappeared on its own although I did have spotting along with it. x

Congratulations! I have a bleed near baby b also. It's very small and they aren't really worried. I can't wait to see if it's gone on Friday.

I thought so! Huge congrats and h & h 9 months to you!

Thank you for all the support and kind words ladies! I will keep you all posted on Baby B. Talked to the Nurse today (she calls after Dr reviews everything) and she said since it is so early this is not uncommon and is usually a result of implantation, and is commonly seen in IVF since us IVF gals get such early scans as opposed to a natural pregnancy. She said do not freak out, we will just watch it, but we see this quite often and it is almost never an issue this early on. So that helped me calm down a bit :) I feel like there is always something to worry about until we are holding our precious little babes in our arms, and then THAT'S when the REAL worry begins!

Lanet - good luck with your bleed also - Ill keep you in my thoughts and fingers crossed!

Thanks again for all the support everyone!!

Oh, yay! Congrats on your two little beanies! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->