High HCG Level!

Jschill04

Reaction score
Ok so when I went to the doctor last week according to my LMP I was 5 weeks and 5 days. The doctor performed an u/s and we saw the sac and a heartbeat as well, and he also said the baby was actually measuring 6 wk and 1 day so I was so excited. Well a few days later I got my blood work back and my HCG levels were extremely high..40,538. I have looked online and everything says a molar pregnancy has high levels or twins. I have had two previous miscarriages so I am kinda worried. But we did see a heartbeat. Anyone else have really high levels and had a normal pregnancy? Really could use some reassurance. Thanks!

At 4w6d mine was 18,762 with daughter . I was worried about molar too bc I had 3 previous mc's and my OB said with a molar the numbers would be a lot lot higher; he's seen numbers in the 100,000's. Regarding twins, just reading on here over the years some women have a lower hcg with their twins than with their singltons. Some women just have high numbers. One theory we've tossed around on here (some of the women who have had high hcg) is that it could be related to girls. Just a theory, but seems a lot of us who have had high hcg came out with girls. Congratulations!

At 6 weeks 1 day mine was 13000 with twins but sadly one of the twins didn't make it. Try not to worrt to much easier said than done I know. When do you go back to the doctor?

Mine were very high also for where I was in my pregnancy. It can be normal. I booked an early private scan Bc mine were above the ranges for twins even and there was just one sac. It was too early to see anything else! I wouldn't worry!

Molar pregnancies don't have heartbeats. I'm betting you've just got an extremely healthy and robust bean x

Here's my levels with twins. How many DPO was the 40,000 reading? At 5w2d I was at 74,000. I have heard of healthy singleton baby HCG being higher than mine. Or, they may have missed a twin at this early stage.

https://i.imgur.com/ybR3S1r.jpg

I was 5 weeks and 5 days when I went to the doctor and my numbers were 40538. I have been pregnant with twins twice because they run in my family but sadly both ended in miscarriage but that was years ago and I have two healthy kiddos. I am just praying that it isnt a molar or partial molar.

Here's my levels with twins. How many DPO was the 40,000 reading? At 5w2d I was at 74,000. I have heard of healthy singleton baby HCG being higher than mine. Or, they may have missed a twin at this early stage.

Thank you all for replying. I go back to the doctor April 9th and my doctor will be doing another ultrasound as well. I am praying for just a strong baby! It was great to see the heartbeat so early as well and I even got a video!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"