High Intensity Working Out

StarryEyed88

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,
Hoping for a bit of advice please. I’ve joined a gym - F45, for those who don’t know they are high intensity classes that go for 45-60min. We’ve been trying since Feb and nothing was working so I thought I’d get into Fitness and lose some weight. I’ve now started an 8 week challenge and I’m one week in. I’ve ovulated over the weekend, but I was wondering if anyone has any idea if working out at a high intensity is going to cause problems for conceiving? I hope not as I really enjoy going, but I thought I’d read somewhere about a high heart rate can cause M/C. Maybe I’m wrong but any advice would be awesome.
Thanks xx

Nope! I work out every day and have for a year (since the birth of my DS.)

I am now pregnant with my 3rd and I did a spin class this morning, and a weights session yesterday.

The only thing it can do is affect ovulation, but since you already ovulated it wont matter :)

Thanks so much for your reply! I really appreciate it ��

Hi!
How would high intensity workout affect ovulation?

If you're used to that level of exercise then there isn't any reason why you should stop. The problem with high intensity exercise comes when you have conceived early on and start something like this then, that can be too much. You shouldn't increase the intensity of your exercise when you're already pregnant. But before, that's fine.
One thing to watch out for is losing too much body fat. If your body fat percentage is too low, you may have problems then. But if you don't have any issues there then I don't see why this would hurt. Just make sure you're eating healthily, you're not increasing exercise or intensity if you do conceive, and it stays the same. And make sure you don't lose weight too fast or too much body fat. Otherwise, exercise is excellent for ttc because good blood circulation is important, you need good blood flow to your uterus so it's beneficial when done right

Ok. Thanks for your reply.
I used to do pretty intense exercise before the summer (before I got married). Now I've slowed down on the exercise, but hope if i get back into intense exercise it doesn't affect Conceiving.

It won't affect trying to conceive I don't think, if anything as long as you're not overdoing it, it should increase your chances because of all the extra blood flow

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->