High prolactin and PCOS

Ttcpcos

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone got their BFP after lowering their prolactin levels with pcos...2 yrs ago prolactin levels were 59 had MRI no tumors...been to several doctors none seemed concerned.. Just told me to lose weight to help with pcos... Hate Google lol been researching a lot...prolactin is important to be able to get a BFP

Got blood work back prolactin still high it is 48 lower but not low enough.. I have vag ultrasound thursday... Then have to do blood work again on CD 3 induced by provera...in a week Then discuss results the 29th my bday

Hey Ttcpcos - this is late, sorry! I also have high prolactin and was just diagnosed with PCOS earlier this year. I did get a BFP - my prolactin never came down, mainly because the PCOS diagnosis came after my DD was born - through IUI. I actually didn't know that you could lower your prolactin levels, since my doctors always insisted there was nothing I could do. Good to know!

Hey Ttcpcos - this is late, sorry! I also have high prolactin and was just diagnosed with PCOS earlier this year. I did get a BFP - my prolactin never came down, mainly because the PCOS diagnosis came after my DD was born - through IUI. I actually didn't know that you could lower your prolactin levels, since my doctors always insisted there was nothing I could do. Good to know!

Congrats!! I just got a call today they want me to retest my prolactin..I have to fast :( also my testosterone is high so another reason y I can't get my BFP...I had my ultrasound the other day..won't know results of tht til the 29th

I wanted to chime in and say that I was diagnosed with elevated prolactin levels about 5-6 years ago when my DH and I first started trying to have a baby. I went on cabergoline to lower it (I had an MRI and they did find a pituitary adenoma - not dangerous but definitely caused the high levels) and once the levels were lowered I STILL didn't get pregnant. I also have PCOS (not severe though). I took my DH and I 5 IVF cycles to successfully get pregnant and we're about to meet our boy/girl twins on October 4th.

I don't mean to be a debbie downer but just wanted to share my personal experience. Since getting pregnant my levels have been normal but like I said it did take a lot of intervention and help from science to get pregnant. Not the case for everyone but wanted to wish you the best of luck. If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->