High prolactin

broodymrs

Mummy to my boys
Reaction score
Does anyone else have this? What have you been told about treatment, effect on fertility, wars to reduce it etc? Day 2 bloods have shown elevated levels so I'd be interested to hear other people's experiences. Also have you conceived before with it? I've had a baby but I've not idea what my levels were then

I know this is late, but I hope I can still help- I have had diagnosed elevated prolactin levels for 8 years. It depends on how high your levels are, as to whether it will affect your fertility. If it's just "elevated," but in the normal range, you're probably in the clear. If it's abnormal, it can cause anovulatory cycles, of delay ovulation, like when breastfeeding.

I've been told there isn't really anything you can do to bring them down. However, I was able to conceive naturally (but that ended in miscarriage, which was not related to the prolactin), and on Clomid. I got my rainbow with Clomid + IUI.

That's great thanks. It was just over the normal range. Are you in the uk? If you don't mind me asking did you get clomid for prolactin or something else?

I'm in the US. The Clomid was to make me ovulate, which is sort of like counteracting the elevated prolactin.

Thanks. I do seem to be ovulating on my own but I suspect low progesterone. My temps have dipped right down today and I'm only 6dpo so hopefully they can give me something. Feeling pretty down about it tbh today

Hey broodymrs!

I know its near a year later, but what ever came of your elevated prolactin?

It looks like you have a beautiful little one on the way according to the diagram on your account - which gives me so much hope!

Did you end up taking medication or were you able to conceive naturally even with the elevated levels?

We've been TTC for a year now and the doc just did our blood draw and found that to be the only common issue with my possible infertility as everything else seems to be just fine.

Thank you for any insight!!!

Hi! Nothing happened basically and I conceived naturally. I took b complex to lengthen my lp and got a couple of extra days but I didn't do loads TBH. I was having acupuncture too which could have helped but pretty sure it stayed high as my boobs haven't stopped hurting yet! Stress can cause high prolactin so as hard as it is try to relax!

Good luck!

I had high prolactin and conceived my DS with TTC for 9 cycles.....now my prolactin is normal but still having trouble concieving. Sigh. The prolactin thing is so annoying!

It is annoying as it does seem to be something they are reluctant to treat. I guess the upside is now I'm breastfeeding I have loads of milk!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->