High Risk=high chance of cesarean?

broodybeauty

Reaction score
Hi ladies,some advise if you would..

A little bit of history from me..
I previously had SVT a condition in the heart which causes your heart to randomly beat fast sometimes to over 200 bpm in my case thus making me feel faint,short of breath and overall unwell.

I had SVT corrected with ablation surgery back in 2009, however on Friday i was rushed to A&E with palpatations shortness of breath and tightness in my chest,my heart rate was 170.Although the Svt episode was not caught in time with the ECG doctors told me that it was likely the SVT had returned because of my increased blood flow in pregnancy and all of the symptoms i had.

After calling my midwife today to discuss this she advised i should make an appt with her to sort out a referal to an obstetrician as i am now classed as high risk :(

So my question really any ladies who have seen a obstetrician first time around what can i expect to happen,may they decide im not high risk at my first appt?is it likely i will need a cesarian?

Sorry for the long post just as you can imagine when you think you have the all clear from something and it returns you left feeling a bit shocked.

Thanks for reading and any replies.xx

Hi Hun... I am classed as high risk due to a complexed heart condition. When I see my consultant it's just simply a check up and monitoring you throughout. Might mean more blood tests, scans etc.

In terms if delivery I gave birth to my stillborn son so I'm not sure if it will be the same this time, but they have me hooked up to monitors etc (this time there will be extra for baby) and they let me deliver naturally.

When I was going through the motions last time they told me that ordinarilly I would be given a date for induction when all teams are there, so when my cardiac team aren't away just in case etc. They said it would depend on how my heart and that of the baby copes during delievery as to whether or not I would be given a c-section!

Just discuss all of your options with your medical team... Unless you are VERY high risk they will usually try your way first xxx

That's very helpful thankyou.And i am very sorry to hear of your loss hun.

I suppose it will be good that i have extra support because up until now i feel as though i have just been left to get on with it,so it is reassuring.Thanks again x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->