High risk pre term

lost-mum

Reaction score
Hi i haven`t been on in a while i have a SCH and had a huge bleed about a week ago the doctors suspected maybe my waters but after resting in hospital and my contractions dying down they were less suspicious. So i see my OB on friday they have told me i am quite high risk for preterm labour. Has anyone every beat the odds and gone on the have a full term baby i would love to hear some stories. xoxox

I am also high risk for preterm labor. I have had problems starting at 20 wks and had my girls at 37, 35+6 & 34 wks. They were all fine. My 34 weeker only had to stay in the hospital a week. The other 2 came home with me after 24 hrs. With my son I had this too but didn't have him until 39 wks. Just take it easy and stay down as much as you can. I am wishing you the best and praying that you make it to term!!!

Thanks for your reassuring words exactly the things i need to be hearing. Braxtin hicks are driving me crazy but resting as much as possible with a 2 year old.

I'm high risk. My cervix shortens rather quickly. I have an almost 2 year old, then pregnant now. Just taking it easy at this point. My son was born at 36 weeks and came home 24 hours later!

Jules22 that must be pretty stress full hope this LO can hang in for a good amount of time to xox

I am high risk because I delivered early my last pregnancy.

My baby was born at 28.6 weeks, and was in the NICU for 60 days. It was a long journey, with good and bad days, but he beat the odds, and is now a healthy and happy almost 1 year old. :D

This time around, I have been taking it easy, and have gone farther than before. I would get a lot of rest, and not worry so much! I know it's easier said than done. :hugs:

I'm high risk. My oldest was born at 35w. DD #2 at 39w and DS at 38 weeks. Had preterm labor with all of them.

I have threatened preterm labor and am on bedrest with too many contractions too early, and it's so great to hear these stories! I did read a statistic that 80% of women with preterm labor go on to have a full term baby, but I'm not sure where that number came from.

Im high risk, i had twins at 23+1, unfortunately they died about an hour later. They told me i had a water infection which brought on premature labour, but this time im carrying one and they are going to check my cervix from 16 weeks onwards to see if its shortening xx

I had preterm labour with my son was 31 weeks but he wasnt born until 36 weeks, he was totally fine though, came home with me after 36hours xx

Great stories ladies i am hoping after my labour stopping at 17 weeks that its a long time before i face it again.

i had problems from 12 weeks with my first baby , i ended up in labour and had my little girl at 28 weeks due to having group b strep , she was 2lb 7oz born but sadly died 3 months later due to her lungs not being developed , she would of been 13yrs old on the 28th this month, i did go on to have a girl born at 38 weeks, boy born 41+6,then girl 39+4 and now 22 weeks pregnant , all you can do is rest and take it easy and make sure they do regular checks on you ,any signs of pains or contractions get onto the hospital asap , always better being safe , good luck xx

I am also high risk pre term, my body thinks 28weeks is full term & then the placenta starts to break down in my waters, my kids were born at 36weeks emergency c-sect due to pre-eclampsia, 34 weeks, 31weeks and they're all healthy happy 8.5yro, 4.5yro, 3yro & I'm pregnant again, it's amazing what doctors can do these days now they're fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->