High Risk Pregnancy U/S Question

21yrsurvivor

Reaction score
I was curious if anyone who has been/is a high risk pregnancy had an ultrasound at every appointment? I had my first u/s at 7+4 and had another u/s at 10+5. The second one was with my actual doctor, but she told me I am a high risk pregnancy because of my weight, PCOS, Ehlers Danlos Syndrome and my history of seizures. I have another appointment on September 8th at 14 weeks.

I know everywhere is different, I have Kaiser insurance and I'm curious if they will be doing an u/s at every appointment. Anyone who was high risk have one at every appointment?

Picture below was my last u/s at 10 weeks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 7
I get them every 2-3 weeks so every appt. At 32 weeks I will have to start getting seen every week and have an ultrasound each week.

I'm high risk because I had my son at 36+3 and I have high BP

I was high risk with daughter and had an ultrasound every week from week 6-15 and then every 2 to 3 weeks thereafter. I do think it depends on the OB though. I had a perinatologist as well and was scanned every appointment with them.

Hello, congratulations on your pregnancy xxx I am high risk due to a clotting disorder and history of stillbirth ( related to the clotting) and i have the 12 week and 20 week scans then i have 26 week, 32 week 36 week and induction at 37... That is the universal plan for me, i have given birth in Leeds, London and here in bedford. It's always been managed the same.

Thanks for the info ladies. That helps me a lot. I hope to have another scan at my next appointment at 14 weeks and see how the baby is doing. Right now the baby is causing me to feel so sick (at this precise moment I'm writing this). I just can't wait for the severe nausea to go away.

Have any of you ladies had issues with losing too much weight? I have lost 30 lbs in the last 6-7 weeks because I can't eat much due to the nausea.

My last pregnancy was high risk due to previous stillbirth and I had u/s at 5, 7, 9, 12, 17 weeks and then weekly from 20-36 weeks when I was induced due to complications.

Thanks for the info ladies. That helps me a lot. I hope to have another scan at my next appointment at 14 weeks and see how the baby is doing. Right now the baby is causing me to feel so sick (at this precise moment I'm writing this). I just can't wait for the severe nausea to go away.

Have any of you ladies had issues with losing too much weight? I have lost 30 lbs in the last 6-7 weeks because I can't eat much due to the nausea.

I have always seemed to put on weight when i suffered from sickness?! :shrug: My first three i was sick the whole way through, this last two nothing really and i maintained my weight throughout?! I am just a weirdo i take it lol

I'm high risk now because my last pregnancy was high risk and my baby had a neural tube defect.

This pregnancy I will be Consultant led and have more regular scans. I'm 5 weeks and 4 days and waiting to hear when my first scan is for, imagine it will be before 8 weeks.

Interesting. I'm high risk and I've just had the standard 12 week scan through. I don't even know when I see the consultant. I'm high risk due to suspected gestational diabetes in last pregnancy though so I guess if there's any extra scans it will be towards the end

Interesting. I'm high risk and I've just had the standard 12 week scan through. I don't even know when I see the consultant. I'm high risk due to suspected gestational diabetes in last pregnancy though so I guess if there's any extra scans it will be towards the end

I'm guessing it's different where you go and who you see. They told me I'm at risk for gestational diabetes because of my weight, however I have really good numbers across the board right now with my labs, which they are happy with. I have lost so much weight while pregnant because my nausea has been really bad. I have lost 32 lbs since I was 5 weeks pregnant. Now the docotr is telling me to eat whenever I can. Aye aye aye.

I'm guessing it's different where you go and who you see. They told me I'm at risk for gestational diabetes because of my weight, however I have really good numbers across the board right now with my labs, which they are happy with. I have lost so much weight while pregnant because my nausea has been really bad. I have lost 32 lbs since I was 5 weeks pregnant. Now the docotr is telling me to eat whenever I can. Aye aye aye.

Oh right. I'm in the UK. Sounds like you're in the US? I'm being screened for GD due to my gigantic last baby, lol!

Oh right. I'm in the UK. Sounds like you're in the US? I'm being screened for GD due to my gigantic last baby, lol!

Yes I'm in the US. Big babies run in my family. Heck, when I was born I weighed 9 lbs 6 oz and was 21 inches big, and I was 3 weeks early. My mom didn't get GD or anything, so I'm hoping for the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->