high temp, therm or other? please dont r&r:)

deemarie1223

blended fam! mom 2 angels
Reaction score
Hi! My temp today is throwing me off...i have not O'd (im on cd 12
, O late and have had neg opks) but my temp today was very close to my lp temps, 98.46. Ive been using rite aid brand bbt for 2 months so im wondering if its the battery? I also have a mabis and its usually about.15-.20° lower i took temp with it todau and it was 98.09. I do have a cold but no fever and i did wake up hot...so i guess what im wondering if you guys would discard it as an outlier, keep it or start using the mabis from here on and mark it on chart? Idk how long the rite aids last but i have heard a lot of therms dying out after 2 months....

Any advice would be appreciated!

Hum sorry I'm not too sure really.

I think sometimes you can have off temps.

If it were me I would see what tomorrows temp is, not much help I know.

Yeah i made a note in my chart, and i figured ppl would say use the same thermometer and see what tomorrow does lol....BUT i still wanted to ask. I do feel like crap and im going to check my temp again (w/reg therm) for fever....ty for responding though!

Yeh I would say you been under the weather is the most likely cause.

I don't have any advice beyond what leanne suggested (and you mentioned yourself). I'd definitely stick with the same thermometer, unless of course you think the readings are off, in which case you may try using both back to back for a few days, just to rule out any issues with the rite aid thermometer. Otherwise, I'd see what the next couple of day's BBTs are before deciding to keep vs. throw out today's temp. Whatever you do, just make a note of it on your chart :)

Thanks:) i have made a note ...im the note queen haha! I think ill end up discarding but i will wait until tomorrow to make that a definite decision.

Thanks:) i have made a note ...im the note queen haha! I think ill end up discarding but i will wait until tomorrow to make that a definite decision.

So strange! Yesterday my cd 12 temp was higher than I thought it should be by now too! I think mine had to do with not sleeping well at all, then staying there longer without moving as I hoped that would help, and not taking the temp at the right time because I had to get up. The days when we have to change it are so annoying. :dohh: Here's what I did. I added the temp to my chart. Since I don't think I'll ovulate for a bit longer I am just going to leave it, try to ignore it (as all of my other temps were so perfect and stable so far this month), and see what happens in the coming days. Now if I wake up and it is higher again, I'll wonder if I missed something, namely that old ovulation that likes to secretly creep up on us. :winkwink:

You should keep using the same thermometer, but I don't think it would hurt to try the mabis one after taking the real temperature. Record those as well and create a second chart. Go by the original chart and temperatures, but you can use the second set to compare. Just an idea. Good luck! :flower:

I looked at your chart, I wouldnt think much of it. My temp sometimes spikes for no reason then goes back down. Cd 12 is super early still there is nothing wrong with a cd 15 or 16 o. I would just buy a new one and use both and see if the reading is the same or not. But if you already have those two bbt thermometers then if they are generally think if they are close they are reading right. I would try not to worry and just see what your temp reads tomorrow. GL :)

So heres today's update...so confused! I might just start with the mabis temps yesterday and today and continue...i haven't entered anything yet...just a note.

so again temps were higher with the rite aid one (took it 3Xs in a row and it ranged anywhere from 98.33-98.56 w/98.44 being the first) It did do some weird thing where it seemed to have shut off on it's own, i took it out to look cuz it had been a while and it was off, turned back on and was at 91.10?. And as stated abiveabove, the mabus is usually 1.5-2° lower. So idk maybe it is the therm. But then theres the obvious, one more high temp (depending on what i use) ff will sayi O'd. Which would have been cd11(unheard of for me) and without any fertile cm, pos opks and L peak on my cbe:/ is that even possible? My cm is just starting to get watery today....i took soyto bring up O but i doubt it would bring it up 16 days! Eveb when i had shortwe cycles they were still 29/30 days, oing on cd 19/20 (short lp). Im scared this will be another long difficult cycle -last cycle was 44 days with 3 faint + hpts, only to have a -blood test-so i was hoping to be kinda normal this cycle! Anyway, IF this were you, what would you do?

Thank you SO much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"