Highchair

Chocoholic123

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I haven't been on here in ages and ages, but have a question! What's the average age for them to stop using a highchair? LO is 2 and a quarter.

If we had a sensible table for LO to sit at I would stop using it now. Our table has rickety old benches instead of chairs and she can't sit at them yet.

At the moment she has breakfast and lunch at her little table in the lounge and dinner in the highchair in the kitchen.
I would only give up using the high chair in the house though. Would still be using one in restaurants etc so she can't run around between courses.

LO has just turned 2

My daughter is 3 yrs and 8 months and she is still in the highchair! Her 23 month old brother is in a highchair too. We have tried several times her just using a chair, but she gets up, goes to toilet, wanders around etc. I dont know, never thought about her not being in the highchair!:flower:

Just looked online for max weights on some highchairs and I reckon she is perhaps too heavy for it!!! A lot of highchairs say max weight 15kg and she is 16kg, ok well today it is - no highchair from now on for her - thats good, 1 less highchair will give us more room in the kitchen!

Thanks chocoholic for posting!

Just looked online for max weights on some highchairs and I reckon she is perhaps too heavy for it!!! A lot of highchairs say max weight 15kg and she is 16kg, ok well today it is - no highchair from now on for her - thats good, 1 less highchair will give us more room in the kitchen!

Thanks chocoholic for posting!

Ha ha yeah you don't think about that do you? DH just looked up the weight limit for ours, it's 16kg which is what LO weighs already! Hmmm, scary thought getting him out of his highchair now! We have a booster seat that we take to people's houses for him to use that so may start using that now instead as I wouldn't trust him right at the table un strapped in!

Can't remember exactly when Maria stopped using the highchair but it was before she was 2. The highchair was annoying me as it took up so much room and I realised she was fine sitting on a normal chair eating at the table whenever we ate at someone else's house.

We stopped using it 1 yr back, he was almost 3. Now he uses his table & chair. He doesn't like to eat with us anyway :rofl:

I think I'll stop when she can sit still.

We use a booster and it's brilliant. You can strap LO in but they are also sitting at the 'big table' with everyone else. Our kitchen table is quite high so Ellie couldn't sit in one of our chairs and still reach her food, but the booster is a great compromise. She's been using it since about 18 months I think.

I switched DS1 to a booster around 2 yrs old, and DS2 at 1 yr old to a booster. DS2 is bigger than his brother was at 1 yr old, so he fits pretty well at the table with the booster seat, and he loves sitting in it with us all at the table:)

We switched to a booster seat at the table around 18 months or so.

We got this booster seat for DD1 just before she was 2...

https://www.mothercare.com/Mothercare-Booster---Green/496495,default,pd.html

DD2 was a couple of months old and I wanted DD1 to be happy in her booster before DD2 needed the high chair. She was thrilled about being a big girl and has been fine in it, I think it's lovely having her sit properly at the table with us. It has waist straps but to be honest we've not really used them! She is ok on a normal chair but the booster is more comfortable for her.

My LO started refusing to go in her high chair around 15 months and I finally just switched her to a booster seat at 16 months. It works fine and it's nice to have her at the table with me. I probably would've stuck with the high chair long if she'd let me though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->