Hilarious/ridiculous comment made about waterbirth today

Greta Chick

Happy mum of 3 :-)
Reaction score
Someone was talking to me about my SPD today and asked if I'd be able to have a natural delivery or if I'd have to have a c-section. I said no, natural was fine and I'm hoping for a waterbirth again which will help support my hips and pelvis.

Someone else chipped in and the conversation went as follows:

Her: you have to get out of the pool to have a waterbirth don't you.
Me: what?! No, of course not!
Her: well I did. You are going to JBC aren't you?
Me: yes I am.
Her: well they make you get out of the pool to have a waterbirth. I had to.
Me: you don't. I had DD in the pool. Her head was born UNDER the water, I stayed bobbed down up to my waist in the water, her body was then born and I brought her UP to the surface myself.

WTF?!?!?!:dohh::dohh::haha::haha:

How on earth can you have a waterbirth if you're not IN the water when you actually GIVE birth?!?!

It turns out she's been telling everyone for 2 years that she had a waterbirth at JBC when in fact she laboured in the pool then got out to go to the toilet and gave birth stood up in the toilet!!!

I had to walk out because I was so shocked that she was so stupid!:haha::haha::dohh:

xx

If she gave birth in the toilet, can that still be considered a "water birth" :rofl:

Bless..well if it makes her happy thinking that!

I was told i shouldn't have a waterbirth because of my severe SPD, they said if there were complications in labour i wouldn't be able to get out of the pool as quick as i should!
There were complications for me in labour so probably a good job i didn't get into the pool but i would love to try it this time, just a shame they won't let me!

Hope you do give birth in the pool, it's not a waterbirth if you don't lol That comment was funny xx

I was told i shouldn't have a waterbirth because of my severe SPD, they said if there were complications in labour i wouldn't be able to get out of the pool as quick as i should!
There were complications for me in labour so probably a good job i didn't get into the pool but i would love to try it this time, just a shame they won't let me!

Hope you do give birth in the pool, it's not a waterbirth if you don't lol That comment was funny xx

Home water birth then! lol

I only laboured in teh pool ended up with EMCS but it was soooo lovely to be in there even just for a few hours.

I can beat you on the stupid scale ;)

My ex SIL sadly had a MMC many years ago but she will still tell you to this day (along with her mother) that she "lost the baby through her back passage" - how the heck her body is connected up I'll never know!!

xx

My ex SIL sadly had a MMC many years ago but she will still tell you to this day (along with her mother) that she "lost the baby through her back passage" - how the heck her body is connected up I'll never know!!

xx

:shock: :haha:

xx

What?! How?!?!:huh::shock:

xx

xx

What?! How?!?!:huh::shock:

xx

Coincidently those smilies are just like the face I made when she told me!! ;)

That's funny. It would be a land birth if she got out, not a water birth. No water no water birth.

:rofl::rofl: There's water in the toilet? Maybe no one told her there was a difference??? hahaha!

It really made me laugh out loud for hours after she said it, I couldn't believe how ridiculous she was!:haha::dohh:

She'd gone to the toilet and stood up after she'd finished weeing then felt the need to push so she yelled for the midwife who came in and delivered the baby in the toilet room. Definitely not a waterbirth lol!:haha::wacko:

xx

:rofl:!

someone i know once said to me ( i considered WB for H but never got it.. i did for Max though;) ) they would never have a water birth because its gross sharing the same wate that someones already gave birth it :dohh:

i tihnk they thought it was like an actual pool you just go in one after another. :rofl: nope, it DOES get emptied and cleaned :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->