HIP Grant, Ive emailed The Sun news paper

Status
Not open for further replies.
well done you, its crazy, they should employ enough people to deal with the large amount of forms then if thats why theres a back log,theres enough unemployed people!!!! and its not our fault theres a baby boom! ive been waiting less than 2weeks so im not xpecting mine before xmas, but well done for writting in to paper, i was going to try my local mp to see if he could do anything.xx

I'm still waiting on mine also. Have you emailed watchdog? x

oh dear, why give the media more things to blow out of proportion.
at this rate if it became national news, the grant will be stopped and nobody would get anything.. i tell you what, that would solve everything.
- maybe thats the solution? :dohh::dohh:

dear watchdog

my free £190 grant is delayed because of royal mail strikes, and christmas, can you hurry it up?

?

whoever mentioned the gov just stopping it.. thats right! its exactly what will happen if people get irate over a delay.

well done you, its crazy, they should employ enough people to deal with the large amount of forms then if thats why theres a back log,theres enough unemployed people!!!! and its not our fault theres a baby boom! ive been waiting less than 2weeks so im not xpecting mine before xmas, but well done for writting in to paper, i was going to try my local mp to see if he could do anything.xx

okay, you do realise that to work for H&M customs.. I'd pretty much bet my £190 that you'd need to have a CRB check done..
the current timeframe for them.. is 6-8wks ...(and thats without any delays on their part) that doesn't include the time and money spent on advertising/interviewing/hiring and training of new staff.
By the time all that went through, and the people got into the offices to start processing HIP grants.. you're looking at a possible 3months... christmas will be done, and I'd dare say the backlog will be cleared.

its not the point tho is it, most people are reciving this money at the very end of their pregnancies, which sort of defeats the point of it being a health in PREGANACY grant!! if i wait the 8 weeks that ive been told i'll probably have too i wont get it until im 36weeks???? my baby could arrive then, in which case ive been told i wont get it? as i'll no longer be pregnant??? why should i miss out just because people cant do their jobs properly. I dont NEED the money, i just want it because im pregnant and entitled to it.

dear watchdog

my free £190 grant is delayed because of royal mail strikes, and christmas, can you hurry it up?

?

whoever mentioned the gov just stopping it.. thats right! its exactly what will happen if people get irate over a delay.

:rofl:

I'm probably going to sound terrible saying this, and I've stayed out of the thread so far for fear of sounding bitchy, but I must admit I can't understand moaning about free money OR not preparing well during pregnancy. I can understand those people who've been made redundant, or who're suddenly unable to work due to ill-health, or those who find themselves fired for being pregnant (still can't believe that happens these days!). Unforeseeable circumstances... I get that totally and understand why that £190 becomes essential. But other situations I just don't get.

i was made redundant, which is the reason why husband is trying to pay all our bills and things for baby on a low wage. If i could work to make things easier, i would, but I cant so the £190 is gunna make a huge difference for us. Yet people still moaning saying you shouldnt rely on it etc :shrug: idk.

okay, you do realise that to work for H&M customs.. I'd pretty much bet my £190 that you'd need to have a CRB check done..
the current timeframe for them.. is 6-8wks ...(and thats without any delays on their part) that doesn't include the time and money spent on advertising/interviewing/hiring and training of new staff.
By the time all that went through, and the people got into the offices to start processing HIP grants.. you're looking at a possible 3months... christmas will be done, and I'd dare say the backlog will be cleared.

ive got a CRB check, they can emoploy me if they like!!!

what are you planning on spending it on??? not heard one person say food?? hospital bags and baby bits are not '' health in pregnancy '' .. who cares if its 30 weeks or 36 weeks.. you WILL get it so you shouldnt complain!!! nobody is messing anyone about its a bleeding '' delay!! '' theyre not doing it on purpose they cant help it!! you have applied so you will get it.

its not the point tho is it, most people are reciving this money at the very end of their pregnancies, which sort of defeats the point of it being a health in PREGANACY grant!! if i wait the 8 weeks that ive been told i'll probably have too i wont get it until im 36weeks???? my baby could arrive then, in which case ive been told i wont get it? as i'll no longer be pregnant??? why should i miss out just because people cant do their jobs properly. I dont NEED the money, i just want it because im pregnant and entitled to it.

Im glad someone else sees it the same as I do. Yes we havent "earned" it, and yes were all grateful for it. But dont tell people their gunna get a £190 grant and then give it to some people within a week, and then make others wait 8 weeks for it. And what if our babies do arrive early? Then we miss out :growlmad:

Everyone has their own money issues and circumstances. The point is this is a grant out of the goodwill of the government, one delay and people are writing to newspapers and calling watchdog?? thats actually ridic. Whether you ' need ' the money or not, you shouldnt be complaining about something out of their hands. they dont have to give the money...

i could of used it to buy maternity vitamins which cost a bloody fortune!! :)

its not worth arguing about tho, no amount of complaining is really going to help it just makes me feel better lol

Then don't apply for it if you don't NEED it. Then you won't have anything to worry and stress about.
otherwise, I'm sorry, but you're last statement just comes across childish and selfish.

what are you planning on spending it on??? not heard one person say food?? hospital bags and baby bits are not '' health in pregnancy '' .. who cares if its 30 weeks or 36 weeks.. you WILL get it so you shouldnt complain!!! nobody is messing anyone about its a bleeding '' delay!! '' theyre not doing it on purpose they cant help it!! you have applied so you will get it.

i absolutely agree, is it not our responsibility to be healthy in pregnancy anyway? ok so you cant apply until 25 weeks, so did noone take care of themselves until that point and then it suddenly become the responsibiltiy of the government?

I'm probably going to sound terrible saying this, and I've stayed out of the thread so far for fear of sounding bitchy, but I must admit I can't understand moaning about free money OR not preparing well during pregnancy. I can understand those people who've been made redundant, or who're suddenly unable to work due to ill-health, or those who find themselves fired for being pregnant (still can't believe that happens these days!). Unforeseeable circumstances... I get that totally and understand why that £190 becomes essential. But other situations I just don't get.

i was made redundant, which is the reason why husband is trying to pay all our bills and things for baby on a low wage. If i could work to make things easier, i would, but I cant so the £190 is gunna make a huge difference for us. Yet people still moaning saying you shouldnt rely on it etc :shrug: idk.

As I said, I totally get those of you suddenly in a different financial situation than you'd prepared for. Can happen to pretty much anyone and is thoroughly terrible.

I think people are just shocked that there are some who perhaps didn't prepare properly before getting pregnant (not someone with unforeseeable circumstances like you) or who don't even genuinely need the money complaining about free cash not arriving quickly.

They are trying their best to get the grants through ladies. I know its hard when you dont have a lot

xx

i could of used it to buy maternity vitamins which cost a bloody fortune!! :)

its not worth arguing about tho, no amount of complaining is really going to help it just makes me feel better lol

Agreed :thumbup:

Im glad someone else sees it the same as I do. Yes we havent "earned" it, and yes were all grateful for it. But dont tell people their gunna get a £190 grant and then give it to some people within a week, and then make others wait 8 weeks for it. And what if our babies do arrive early? Then we miss out :growlmad:

you have to understand delays are out of their control!

its dependant on time of year, amount of applications, they have to check each one is legitimate, and areas. Some people in a small area with less mothers-to-be will of course get it quicker than a busy overpopulated city with thousands of pregnant ladies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"