HIP Grant, Ive emailed The Sun news paper

Status
Not open for further replies.
i could of used it to buy maternity vitamins which cost a bloody fortune!! :)

its not worth arguing about tho, no amount of complaining is really going to help it just makes me feel better lol

Agreed :thumbup:

maternity vitamins are only needed in the first 12 weeks, unless your deficient you can stop at 12 weeks, you cant apply for money till 25 or so weeks.. so bit pointless starting vitamins then ...

i could of used it to buy maternity vitamins which cost a bloody fortune!! :)

its not worth arguing about tho, no amount of complaining is really going to help it just makes me feel better lol

i bought a months suply of pregnacare for a fiver in the early days :)

This is just like arguing with a wall... People aren't getting the point... you WILL Get the money, its pissing me off seeing so many people complaining about not getting it with a click of their fingers!! Impatient sods!!

:rofl:

okay.

the whole thread is making me laugh now. People should stop moaning and be gratefull. ESP if you dont NEED it.

I could easy come on here moaning and say i NEED the HIP grant asap!! I've got a high risk pregnancy, live 40 minutes away from the hospital, have to see the consultant once a week, and have a growth scan every 4 weeks, as i've a terminal illness and diabetes, and i WILL NOT go past 37 weeks as my body wont cope with it, and all people with my illness have their babies at 35-36 weeks, so i KNOW il have my baby early but still dont moan!!! We spend AT LEAST £80 a month on petrol, then on the top of that car parking!! Now i'd say thats HEALTH in pregnancy, do you see me complaining about it??! Seriously you ladies moaning are doing my head in!

I could easy come on here moaning and say i NEED the HIP grant asap!! I've got a high risk pregnancy, live 40 minutes away from the hospital, have to see the consultant once a week, and have a growth scan every 4 weeks, as i've a terminal illness and diabetes, and i WILL NOT go past 37 weeks as my body wont cope with it, and all people with my illness have their babies at 35-36 weeks, so i KNOW il have my baby early but still dont moan!!! We spend AT LEAST £80 a month on petrol, then on the top of that car parking!! Now i'd say thats HEALTH in pregnancy, do you see me complaining about it??! Seriously you ladies moaning are doing my head in!

wow i thought i had a lot going on!

:hugs::hugs:

well i'm glad my tax money is going to you patient, grateful people!

its not the point tho is it, most people are reciving this money at the very end of their pregnancies, which sort of defeats the point of it being a health in PREGANACY grant!! if i wait the 8 weeks that ive been told i'll probably have too i wont get it until im 36weeks???? my baby could arrive then, in which case ive been told i wont get it? as i'll no longer be pregnant??? why should i miss out just because people cant do their jobs properly. I dont NEED the money, i just want it because im pregnant and entitled to it.

Im glad someone else sees it the same as I do. Yes we havent "earned" it, and yes were all grateful for it. But dont tell people their gunna get a £190 grant and then give it to some people within a week, and then make others wait 8 weeks for it. And what if our babies do arrive early? Then we miss out :growlmad:

I see it the same as you. But no point arguing....

The Direct Gov website says that the HIP Grant is to "help you prepare for the birth of your baby"....doesn't state that it has to be used for healthy food...so I see nothing wrong with you buying your hopital bag bits with it :flower:

I dont want sympathy, im bloody lucky to be having a baby (Our little miracle) but most of you lot have it lucky and yet you STILL complain! why don't you just be greatful to be entitled to the money, instead of whinging about it just because its not arrived or you've had to wait longer than they said! Some women will never be happy!

Thanks purpledahlia :hugs: xx

For those that sent it off early.... it says on the for quite clearly that ANY form sent in before the weeks your meant to be will be rejected. You may well have to send new forms in.

i dont get why people cant understand that its frustrating for us. Im sure if you were caught in this, getting told different things and the backlog time frame keep going up, you would all be annoyed too.

No -one is being ungrateful at all.

its not the point tho is it, most people are reciving this money at the very end of their pregnancies, which sort of defeats the point of it being a health in PREGANACY grant!! if i wait the 8 weeks that ive been told i'll probably have too i wont get it until im 36weeks???? my baby could arrive then, in which case ive been told i wont get it? as i'll no longer be pregnant??? why should i miss out just because people cant do their jobs properly. I dont NEED the money, i just want it because im pregnant and entitled to it.

Im glad someone else sees it the same as I do. Yes we havent "earned" it, and yes were all grateful for it. But dont tell people their gunna get a £190 grant and then give it to some people within a week, and then make others wait 8 weeks for it. And what if our babies do arrive early? Then we miss out :growlmad:

I see it the same as you. But no point arguing....

The Direct Gov website says that the HIP Grant is to "help you prepare for the birth of your baby"....doesn't state that it has to be used for healthy food...so I see nothing wrong with you buying your hopital bag bits with it :flower:

Nothing wrong with doing that, but MOANING about it is a different matter!

i dont get why people cant understand that its frustrating for us. Im sure if you were caught in this, getting told different things and the backlog time frame keep going up, you would all be annoyed too.

I wouldnt moan about getting £190 for nothing! I'm not entitled to any other benefits so i would be grateful for anything i could get! If i new i would eventually get it then i wouldnt care how long it took. I managed perfectly fine through my first pregnancy without it so i'm sure i would again!

I wouldnt moan about getting £190 for nothing! I'm not entitled to any other benefits so i would be grateful for anything i could get! If i new i would eventually get it then i wouldnt care how long it took. I managed perfectly fine through my first pregnancy without it so i'm sure i would again!

GRRR i am bloody grateful! I dont know how many times I have said that in this thread! Peoples financial circumstances are different, and that £190 makes a huge amount of difference to us. My only concern is that if I had the baby early, I would no longer be entitled to the money, even though i posted my application weeks ago. I cant believe people cant understand how frustrating this is :dohh:

^^^^ This!

and btw, can I say you're a much braver woman than I :hugs:

Also some people are moaning cos a> they wanna get hospital bag stuff and b> there babies could arrive early

i notice some people are like 36/37 week - you havent thought to get your bags ready b4 if your so concerned about baby arriving early????

Also some people are moaning cos a> they wanna get hospital bag stuff and b> there babies could arrive early

i notice some people are like 36/37 week - you havent thought to get your bags ready b4 if your so concerned about baby arriving early????

I said both those things and im only 30 weeks so quite obviously I am concerned about my baby arriving early.

we can understand that its frustrating. We cant understand why some people are still moaning about it and writing to newspapers and such.

nothing wrong with whatever you buy with the money by the way, i didnt mean you shouldnt get hospital bag stuff... i just meant dont moan about it being for 'health in pregnancy' cos really nobody uses it for that do they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back