HIP Grant, Ive emailed The Sun news paper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also some people are moaning cos a> they wanna get hospital bag stuff and b> there babies could arrive early

i notice some people are like 36/37 week - you havent thought to get your bags ready b4 if your so concerned about baby arriving early????

Exactly. Im only 25 weeks and mines all written up, ready to buy bit by bit in our weekly shopping, if you was SO bothered about baby coming early, you'd have done a similar thing... :dohh:

Also some people are moaning cos a> they wanna get hospital bag stuff and b> there babies could arrive early

i notice some people are like 36/37 week - you havent thought to get your bags ready b4 if your so concerned about baby arriving early????

I said both those things and im only 30 weeks so quite obviously I am concerned about my baby arriving early.

We currently have no other income at all - but didnt wait to depend on that for hospital bag! The majority of stuff for hospital bag is general home stuff - apart from maternity pads etc - these are 94p for 10 at tesco - with a wage of any kind coming into the house im sure you could get a few packs for your bags.

Exactly. Im only 25 weeks and mines all written up, ready to buy bit by bit in our weekly shopping, if you was SO bothered about baby coming early, you'd have done a similar thing... :dohh:

You cant say that when you dont know what peoples circumstances are!! I too have had my list of what I need to buy for weeks and weeks, but have not been able to afford to get anything with money being so tight. We literally dont have a penny spare after bills at the mo. As I said, i was made redundant, was entitled to no redundancy pay, no maternity pay, and my husband is in a minimum wage job. The reason I am moaning about this whole grant thing in the 1st place is cos I am "SO bothered about baby coming early", hence me wanting to get my hospital bag ready!!

I said both those things and im only 30 weeks so quite obviously I am concerned about my baby arriving early.

We currently have no other income at all - but didnt wait to depend on that for hospital bag! The majority of stuff for hospital bag is general home stuff - apart from maternity pads etc - these are 94p for 10 at tesco - with a wage of any kind coming into the house im sure you could get a few packs for your bags.

I don't think anyone that was 36/37 weeks said they were going to buy hospital bag stuff :shrug:

Unless I missed something.....I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong!!!!!

Sorry but i have no income either apart from benefits and i still managed to pack a hospital bag, im also on my own, i pay for food for my mums house and contribute about 20 a week of my income support. that leaves 30 a week for all baby bits hospital bits any toiletries i need, my bills. Ive still managed to budget for a baby, a hospital bag, christmas gifts for my entire family. etc. like someone else said, pads and stuff are pennies, you can wear a hospital gown if you havnt got pj's just take some from home for after, clothes to go home in. what else do you need thats gonna cost so much?

also some people are moaning cos a> they wanna get hospital bag stuff and b> there babies could arrive early

i said both those things and im only 30 weeks so quite obviously i am concerned about my baby arriving early.

we currently have no other income at all - but didnt wait to depend on that for hospital bag! The majority of stuff for hospital bag is general home stuff - apart from maternity pads etc - these are 94p for 10 at tesco - with a wage of any kind coming into the house im sure you could get a few packs for your bags.

exactly!!

Number 1 - i need to buy a bag to put everything in!
Number 2 - not everything is household stuff, such as nighties and disposible undies.
Number 3 - we also need some money put by so we can get a taxi to the hospital when the time comes as hubby doesnt drive, not to mention change for drinks, telephone etc.

So yeah some of the stuff is general stuff we have already got hanging around, but a lot of it aint.

haha *head, brickwall, bangs*

- if you dont need it, don't apply then moan it takes forever to come through.
- if you're only using it for bits you'd buy anyway, don't moan that it takes a while to come through.
- if you sent it off too early, bad luck, it says not too.
- if you put the wrong info, bad luck, that delays loads of things.

- you lot are making my dinner go cold, think i need to tell watchdog.

You cant say that when you dont know what peoples circumstances are!! I too have had my list of what I need to buy for weeks and weeks, but have not been able to afford to get anything with money being so tight. We literally dont have a penny spare after bills at the mo. As I said, i was made redundant, was entitled to no redundancy pay, no maternity pay, and my husband is in a minimum wage job. The reason I am moaning about this whole grant thing in the 1st place is cos I am "SO bothered about baby coming early", hence me wanting to get my hospital bag ready!!

Hun, why're you so concerned about an early baby?

Could parents or in-laws help you out a little?

I think someone is planning on shopping at Harrods for their hospital bag items!!

haha *head, brickwall, bangs*

- if you dont need it, don't apply then moan it takes forever to come through.
- if you're only using it for bits you'd buy anyway, don't moan that it takes a while to come through.
- if you sent it off too early, bad luck, it says not too.
- if you put the wrong info, bad luck, that delays loads of things.

- you lot are making my dinner go cold, think i need to tell watchdog.

:rofl:

Snoopy - this is my 1st and i really dont know what to expect so a bit scared :( i wanna be prepared so that if he does come early, im ready. I cant imagine going into labour and being like... damn we have no money for the taxi, or not even having my bags packed. Im organised anyway, but I just feel like I need to be ready for anything that could happen :shrug:

wouldnt really wanna approach my in-laws, and my mum has done so much already, plus i know she doesnt have much money at the mo either. I dunno, guess just gunna have to sit tight!

Number 1 - i need to buy a bag to put everything in!
Number 2 - not everything is household stuff, such as nighties and disposible undies.
Number 3 - we also need some money put by so we can get a taxi to the hospital when the time comes as hubby doesnt drive, not to mention change for drinks, telephone etc.

So yeah some of the stuff is general stuff we have already got hanging around, but a lot of it aint.

Boots free changing bag/hold all from primark, £3...
And also im sure an ambulance would take you if hubby doesn't drive, im not picking things out here but if you're concerned about money,make things cheaper or even free for yourself

dont you have a pair of pjs you can take for after and wear a hospital gown to have the baby?

loose change.. could of been putting £1 a week aside for the last 2 months..

go without something this month and put some cash aside for a taxi, or arrange a lift from a friend. If you soil the taxi you will get charged.. id ask a friend or family member.

go to poundland and get drinks and snacks. can get packs of 6 or 8 drinks for £1.. vending machines cost £1 for ONE..

there is ways around it to be prepared. If the money comes in before you do need then go on a shopping spree. but you need to be planning without it anyways.

tesco asda and boots all do disposable undies .. theyre also pennies for 5. all this is stuff that you could be also doing bit by bit.. like the baby things. And if you did that then imagine a nice £190 arriving in your acc to go buy something with afterwards...

rather than disposable undies buy cheap black ones from primark thats only a couple of pound for a pack and its more comfy

i know that there is also another thing u can apply for a sure start thing (dont know too much about it as were not entitled to it) but maybe you could apply fot that, it might come through quicker for you to get ur hospital bits and bobs??? :shrug:

i dont even get the idea of disposible undies, im on a budget and am using my EXSISTING underwear in the hospital... then saving the other money to buy nice new ones afterwards!!

- life isn't as hard as you think

Snoopy - this is my 1st and i really dont know what to expect so a bit scared :( i wanna be prepared so that if he does come early, im ready. I cant imagine going into labour and being like... damn we have no money for the taxi, or not even having my bags packed. Im organised anyway, but I just feel like I need to be ready for anything that could happen :shrug:

Have you got a support network who could step in and take you both to hospital as and when the time comes?

Most firsts go overdue anyway - not all, of course, but most :) There are lots of ways round the hospital bag problem. Could you borrow a bag from a friend or relative? You don't have to get disposable knickers if you can't or don't want to - just old undies will do. Old t-shirts will work for the labour too, though obviously you'll want something nicer for after the birth :)

i know that there is also another thing u can apply for a sure start thing (dont know too much about it as were not entitled to it) but maybe you could apply fot that, it might come through quicker for you to get ur hospital bits and bobs??? :shrug:

Yeah ive looked into that and we cant get it until the baby is born. You have to be getting benefits and cos hubby works, we dont. Once we can get tax credits, then we can apply for it. x

Sorry if this causes any upset but reading all the posts i thought i'd give my two tuppance worth.

I asked my midwife at my 24 week appointment (was 24+5) and she said id have to wait till my 28 week appointment (on thursday) to get the form which i am not bothered about at all, i was made unemployed 3 days after i found out i was pregnant and have budgeted for maternity clothes,healthy food,transport to and from appointments from my JSA.Even trying to get money for rent togther while i waited 5 months to get alittle help from housing benifit and it was a struggle. I am just grateful for getting the HIP grant which will help for various things and to help my mental health in pregnancy with worries and uncertainty in a very hard time having suffered from depression in the past year.

Everyone is entitled to it whichever circumstances, if you have applied you will get it, wether it takes 2 weeks or 8 weeks is out with our control and people should just be happy they are getting some help from the government.

As for going to newspapers, watch dog and local mp's that is a joke! There are thousands and thousands of pregnant ladies, peoples jobs are hard enough without people winging to them over the phone wasting there time when they could be getting through more applications.

This post has riled me !!

Hazel x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel