Hip Pain

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by PrincessSoph, Apr 6, 2009.

1. PrincessSoph

PrincessSoph Well-Known Member

I keep having realy bad pains in my hips. Its usually worse when ive just woken up.

Any one have this and what could help it?

2. sezzlebum

sezzlebum Guest

i have it in my right hip, really painful, havent found anything to ease it yet :( am guessing its the way baby is lay lol

3. ShadowRat

ShadowRat Well-Known Member

Hey honey, I get all sorts of nasty hip pain too, I feel for you!! It is to be expected though during pregnancy, I'm afraid. I sleep with a pillow between my legs, a nice fat one to keep your legs separated a little bit: It puts less strain on your hips and pelvis that way if you sleep on your side. Give it a try, hope it helps!! :)

Shadow xx

4. golcarlilly

golcarlilly Proud mum of 2

I get this every morning too, I think it is cos I never lie on my back now, I am following the instructions to only sleep on my sides, I have started to use a cushion but tbh it isn't making any difference!

5. daisybby03

daisybby03 Mom of 3!

My hips hurt all through the day! I sleep with this HuGE pregnancy pillow but they still get sharp pains though them:(

6. overcomer79

overcomer79 LT-TTC success 3.5yrs

I have been told it is ok to sleep on your back AS LONG AS(sorry for caps...just for emphasis)...you put a pillow under one hip or the other. I can't sleep on my sides because I tend to lose circulation. Not saying it will help because I have hip and lower back pain and am thinking of investing in a maternity support belt. I do a lot of walking and it doesn't ease it. Not sure what to tell you.

Good luck.

7. babymad

babymad Well-Known Member

I have this, it kills to turn over in the night and also when I get up. The first few steps I hobble until things loosen up a bit. I find if I've over exerted myself it gets worse. It's just all the ligaments going soft. I don't know if anything helps really but I'll try the pillow tip.

8. sezzlebum

sezzlebum Guest

i think i'll need a zimmer frame by the end of this pregnancy lol

9. PrincessSoph

PrincessSoph Well-Known Member

thanx girls :hugs: i will try with a pillow tonight and see if it helps at all.