Hip pain?

Becyboo__x

Reaction score
Recently for about a week iv been getting really bad pain in my left hip only that side though and its really bad pain not just like a ache.. and whenever i sit down it really hurts and then when i stand up for too long it ends up hurting again.. its not baby lying on it i know that would it just be pressure as im heavier now pushing on my hip :wacko:? or something else

Just wondered if anyone else was having this cause i dont know how im going to cope with this another 3-4 weeks! and i dont see my midwife till 5th january next cause shes on holiday
x

It sounds like you may have SPD. The pain you describe is exactly like what I suffer from. You can let your MW know who will refer you to physio or your doc can.

I dont know what i can do though cause my doctors wont be able to get me in cause they shut half a day tomorrow and then there closed for christmas :( and tomorrow is usually booked up for older people on wednesdays .. and my midwife is on holiday too :shrug: i just doubt theyll be able to do anything over christmas so i bet ill have to wait till new year :( x

try using a heat pack to help with the pain, i get trapped nerves in my hips due to having shallow hip joints which is painful

heya i've got exact pain exact place how weird - jus been to the physio myself now. what he's done is give me a support its a tubi grip u slide it onto ur hips looks a bit like some sucky in spanx pants or summat sexy haha - anyway for me personally wearing it home it felt like a load of sh!t really awkward n uncomfy gonna throw it away. what does work soooooooooo well - seriously try this my yoga teacher said it n i tried it on way to physio it works!! tie a scarf really really firmly around u to "hold" ur bump - NO PAIN! it goes and u feel dead supported. he said cause of my pain is left side is weaker than right side. and he told me and exercise to make it stronger and more evened up. he did say if u get the pain and ur walking or summat don't keep walking and listen to your body - i know that gonna be a bit hard if ur stuck in middle of town or sumthin but... yeah he said walk really really slowly lol as if u try push thru the pain like i do then u'll do damage and ur muscles won't recover as well or quickly after the birth. hope that helps :)

x

Luckily its christmas so i wont be going anywhere only in the car to family and that but iv been rushing around lately christmas shopping so no wonder its got 10x as painful .. i tend to walk slower now anyway cause i get out of breathe easily lol but i know if i see a pysio they will give me a support band thing but i dont like the sound of them lol and if they dont work then its pointless! and i really cant do these pelvic excersies lol they confuse me! :haha: but ill try what youve said my dad might think im going crazy though :haha: xx

lol pelvic floor exercises - jus practice em when u wee - start stop start stop start stop. other thing get on all fours. hands shoulder width apart knees - hips width apart so ur a proper square shape with a flat back - don't arch it causes pain - now tuck ur bum under so there's a smooth curve to your back, just for a second then go back to flat back, then tuck, then flat, tuck flat tuck flat tuck flat, do these and after a while u will get a tingling feelin in ur bits - that's ur pelvic floor being worked out - basically it's a bit like pretending u on top having sex but with no one underneath hahaha - - yep i usually wait for EVERYONE to leave the house before i do that one lol but it works x

I had this and don't have SPD but mw recommended I sleep with pillow between my legs (even though was having pain all of time) and it worked wonders...until about a week ago when it started again.

Saw mw again today and apparently LO is now lying back to back and so is putting more pressure on my back/hips/general pelvic region. I've just spent two hours slumped over a pile of cushions on all fours (it was a good look!) and can't believe how much that's helped my hips and groin.

Maybe worth a try?

I attended a physio class yesterday as I have had aches for weeks now. Was given some exercises, posture positions and a pelvic belt for when Im walking around.
I tried to sit in the proper position last night but today my back is killing me because of that :dohh:
Anyway, the physio said that lots of people get pains in the pelvis, and if its getting worse tell your GP/Midwife to refer you to physio also, as it could get to the point where you can sieze up, and no one wants that.

Google some exercises, Im sure there are some on the net, might help in the meantime.

lol pelvic floor exercises - jus practice em when u wee - start stop start stop start stop. other thing get on all fours. hands shoulder width apart knees - hips width apart so ur a proper square shape with a flat back - don't arch it causes pain - now tuck ur bum under so there's a smooth curve to your back, just for a second then go back to flat back, then tuck, then flat, tuck flat tuck flat tuck flat, do these and after a while u will get a tingling feelin in ur bits - that's ur pelvic floor being worked out - basically it's a bit like pretending u on top having sex but with no one underneath hahaha - - yep i usually wait for EVERYONE to leave the house before i do that one lol but it works x

Do the all four exercise on a bed/sofa or over cushions, thats what physio told us yesterday as you can cause more issues if you just do it on the floor, buts a good exercise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->