Hit in stomach twice

Starlight32

Reaction score
I was stretched out on the couch and my husband tossed me a pillow (hard, memory foam). It hit my smack in the stomach/pelvis; it felt somewhat hard.

Then, at night, I was using the same pillow to keep me from rolling on my stomach; I had it in front of me in bed. Husband moved his arm in a way it jabbed me right in the pelvis.

Is baby going to be ok? I'm worried.

Im sure baby will be fine :) they are really well protected in there! I would only be concerned if you have pain or bleeding. But if you are truly worried you can always speak to your midwife x

No bleeding thank goodness. I don't think I felt uterus pain; my stomach has been upset though and the first hit made it hurt worse a bit. I've been having pain where my leg meets my body (round ligament pain?); I was having that a bit before. I just don't want baby to be hurt.

They are so cushioned I'm sure baby is absolutely fine :) try not to worry (easier said than done I know!) x

My dog jumped on my this weekend, I was lying on the sofa and he just jumped up and winded me. I was so stressed about it but it seems fine so far. I think they are so protected it would take something really heavy and forceful to cause any sort of impactful damage x

Thanks for the replies. Neither hit knocked the wind out of me, but it was pretty uncomfortable (especially the first one).

Baby is so low down in your pelvis at first and surrounded by water- they'll be fine :)

I got punched in the stomach when I was in third trimester. I was part of the scare in a haunted house and a teenager punched me out of a reaction of being scared.I didn't have any complications after the incident.

That won't affect baby at all, they are so cozy and snug inside, surrounded by fluid. You'd have to be in a bad car accident with a blow to the belly for anything to hurt baby at this point.
When I was newly pregnant with my first baby back in 2008 I was on vacation with my husband in the Dominican Republic. I got tossed by a wave and slammed into the sand ... Like SO hard on my belly that I broke a rib...my son was totally fine and a healthy 6 yr old now...so don't worry!

Starlight, please don't take this the wrong way but I notice that you seem very nervous about this pregnancy. Some worry is normal of course but you seem frightened by things a lot and I'm wondering whether there may be more to it. Ante- (and post-) natal anxiety is fairly common and responds well to treatment. If I was you, I'd see a psychologist now and get checked out. Having a child is much scarier than pregnancy and I think you'd do yourself and a child a big favour if you sorted any potential anxiety issues beforehand. :hugs:

So literally RIGHT around when I would have been implanting, I fell through my floor.

Lol. No, I was not drunk.

We were replacing our sub-floor and the floor joists were exposed. in order to walk into my office I had to balance across a few floor joists. It was nighttime, i had been doing it for weeks and got cocky, didn't turn the light on.

I fell far, landed on my stomach/side ON a floor joist. It was NOT pretty. I was bleeding in multiple places had HUGE bruises. And of course it was RIGHT around when I would have been implanting. I was so sad. (we'd been trying for years, so i tried not to worry about it TOO much).

But the baby stuck! I'm now ten weeks today. :)

So I can definitely say that even from the VERY beginning it's amazing how protected they are in there!!!

I'm sure it didn't affect the baby at all. I mean, none of us should probably take up doing kick-boxing sparing or anything like that, lol. But I've definitely come to see that these little boogers are stronger than we think they are.

Starlight, please don't take this the wrong way but I notice that you seem very nervous about this pregnancy. Some worry is normal of course but you seem frightened by things a lot and I'm wondering whether there may be more to it. Ante- (and post-) natal anxiety is fairly common and responds well to treatment. If I was you, I'd see a psychologist now and get checked out. Having a child is much scarier than pregnancy and I think you'd do yourself and a child a big favour if you sorted any potential anxiety issues beforehand. :hugs:

With all due respect, telling someone thy need to see a psychologist due to some fears and worries is not really being helpful. I'm expecting my 4th baby and have been just as worried and fearful and I'm certainly not experiencing prenatal depression or issues. Let's not put a label on people's feelings. Pregnancy is stressful all of us moms can understand that and sympathize.
You don't know her medical history or if she's suffered from previous miscarriages.
It's a process of going through those feelings, and we ALL feel that way. It's normal.

I don't know that it's inappropriate to suggest that someone explore their anxiety issues on a deeper level. The OP has expressed extreme concern about a number of fairly benign issues (water, pillows...) to a level that that might exceed run-of-the-mill pregnancy nerves, and be interfering with her happiness.

If someone was describing symptoms of hyperemesis, it would not be inappropriate to suggest they might benefit from medical attention. I interpret Amygdala's suggestion as coming from a similar place of concern, not judgment.

Thanks for everyone's replies! I was in tears of panic yesterday; it's a relief to hear everyone's stories about baby being ok with a stomach bump. Neither knocked the wind out of me so I will hope for the best and continue praying for baby <3

I don't know that it's inappropriate to suggest that someone explore their anxiety issues on a deeper level. The OP has expressed extreme concern about a number of fairly benign issues (water, pillows...) to a level that that might exceed run-of-the-mill pregnancy nerves, and be interfering with her happiness.

If someone was describing symptoms of hyperemesis, it would not be inappropriate to suggest they might benefit from medical attention. I interpret Amygdala's suggestion as coming from a similar place of concern, not judgment.

My point in saying its innappropriate is that none of us actually know eachother...we don't know the ins and outs of someone's day to day life. Starlight is showing normal worries and fears. It's NOT abnormal.
Labelling someone as having some type of psychiatric issue is overboard in my opinion. If she has an issue than she can certainly seek help...but let's not put the idea in her head that she's got issues!! Planting a seed of doubt in someone, making them question themselves is hindering them, not helping.

I don't know if this is starlight a first baby but I was in tears ALL the time with my first pregnancy worried about every single tiny thing. It's normal...this being my 4th time around I still have fears. Let's just avoid giving psychiatric help online...when we don't actually know the person

At 13 weeks I'm sure baby is fine! I'm 39 weeks and still hitting my bump on things all the time (and being kicked by my toddler during diaper changes!).

This is my first. It makes me a upset that something 100% preventable happened that cause extra stress (i.e. My husband shouldn't have thrived the pillow). It's hard for me to think "what if that did something...." and stay calm.

I agree, I don't think it's inappropriate. I think it comes from a very caring place to suggest looking deeper into someone's anxieties/fears whilst pregnant. Starlight likely has no real psychological issue, however it might benefit to just talk with a 3rd party counselor (or something of that sort), so she could start enjoying her pregnancy rather than worrying about it so much.
I had extreme anxiety with my 2nd pregnancy and I wish I had seen a counselor or someone to talk to because not only had my anxiety affected me deeply but it affected my relationship with my husband alot too in a negative way. That anxiety resulted in sever PPD after baby was born (not saying this will happen but knowledge is power).

I think it's a great suggestion to seek help when anxiety gets the best of us. Only positive can come from it and no one is suggesting a psychological issue, just a means to help out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->