Hit into my stomach...Now aching - Help!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Seasidebaby, Dec 24, 2009.

1. Seasidebaby

Seasidebaby Well-Known Member

Here's what happened... We were putting the Christmas shopping away in a rush before work and I knocked into the open kitchen cupboard (our kitchen is somewhat compact) which then bounced me into the corner of the work top!
    At the tine it didn't hurt and wasn't very hard I just was bounced about between the worktop & door. But now I'm having a aching feeling on my left side and in my left inner thigh...

Could I have damaged the baby?! I'm so worried! It's come on about 3 hours after hitting it and isn't really painful just an ache. It's also on the opposite side to what I hit (the impact was to the right of my belly button)

I'm worried I've hurt it! Xxx

2. Bexyboop

Bexyboop Mum to a beautiful boy

I'm sure your baby is pretty well protected, and so tiny also.

If you get really sore or worried though I would call the doctors or NHS24

Hope everything goes okay x

3. 2016

2016 Mummy and Preggo with #2!

As far as I know at 5 weeks your uterus would be hiding behind your pubic bone still and so nowhere near your belly button. You should be fine Hun but, if you are uncomfortable I will still call nhs direct. X

4. BabyJayne

BabyJayne Me, DH, DD & pregnant

The baby is nestled deep inside you at this very early stage, so I wouldn't worry.

5. Seasidebaby

Seasidebaby Well-Known Member

thanks ladies! Phew that's put my mind at risk, this is my first so I don't know the "normal" preggers feelings yet :blush: so I'm guessing now it's just one of those... I didn't know if the impact would have hit into the uterus or anything.